Tuned Nissan Patrol Outruns a Murcielago in a Drag race !!

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Tuned Nissan Patrol Outruns a Murcielago in a Drag race !!

Post by Skyline_man »

Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

O.o yeah right..... that patrol could've been stock
Driv2Slow
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

the lambo got owned :lol:
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Or the driver of the Lambo was afraid of blowing up.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

that is comparing heavily tuned versus stock. or like toshiro said he was afraid of blowing the lambo up b/c they werent going that fast
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Anything tuned enough will beat ANYTHING stock.
The end.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Sil-Eighty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sil-Eighty »

this vid is more embarassing http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5S1NAMnYKM
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

That's nothing more embarassing. A Nissan Patrol has a much higher weight and has the aerodynamics of a brick.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

No way, that race must have been set up, or the Lamborghini topped out.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Well, you have to take into account that car weighs like 2 lbs. :lol: It's pretty much an engine on wheels.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

It looks like the video was taken in the UAE!! :D cool!! ...or any other GCC :?
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

steelsnake00 wrote:Anything tuned enough will beat ANYTHING stock.
The end.
+ it was a close one
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

Tuners Rock wrote:No way, that race must have been set up, or the Lamborghini topped out.
?202 mph? No way that Patrol could done that.
PSZeTa wrote:That's nothing more embarassing. A Nissan Patrol has a much higher weight and has the aerodynamics of a brick.
And Patrol has a turbo large enough to suck up little children. I'm not a Lambo fan, but we are talking about cruise exotic (stock setup for olny a track) vs a drag built off-roader.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

steelsnake00 wrote:Anything tuned enough will beat ANYTHING stock.
The end.
nuff said, no one can deny that. A tuned skyline could possibly thrash a bugatti veyron down the track
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

amda1 wrote: nuff said, no one can deny that. A tuned skyline could possibly thrash a bugatti veyron down the track
Could definitely. There are many street legal/driven cars quicker than a Veyron, but none of them came from the factory like that.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
H. mAIOR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by H. mAIOR »

amda1 wrote: nuff said, no one can deny that. A tuned skyline could possibly thrash a bugatti veyron down the track
I disagree. Cars like Veyron are built for speed while a skyline isn't. You have to keep in mind that a skyline is a brick (in the aerodynbamics department) compared to a veyron and that a veyron has a time from 0~62mph under 3 secs. And in a circuit race, a Veyron could turn at faster speed than a skyline... I mean it has bigger wheel distance and it's lower than Skyline. sure you can lower it but the axis distance there's not much you can do about it. It's always hard to tell when this cars are up. I would bet my money on an F40 in a close circuit vs a skyline... My guess is in turning and maintaining speed the F40 would be able to outrun the Skyline... I mean what's the point of having 1200Hp on a car if you still have to take turns at 30 while a "supercar" (I really don't like the term) can take them at 60?
*puts flame shield up*

Cheers...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Th moral of the story:

Throw enough money at something at it will go fast. ;)
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

H. mAIOR wrote:
Stuff about supercars being faster

Cheers...
Not true. All cars are built with a degree of leway in their design to make them usable and drivable. A race specced car has none of these compromises, and as such a car modified enough will always outperform anything stock.
H. mAIOR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by H. mAIOR »

Wait, Are you talking about stuff like wing effect, large axis distance, low center of gravity engines with large RPM ranges and exelent engine components and extremely light weight (exept for veyron)? All the "supercars" have that and anyway, a "supercar" has more of that than a regular car and much more potencial to change it. Now I never said anything about supercars being faster only that they'd be better in a circuit with turns and twists where aerodynamics and car balance matter the most.
I mean as much as you do to a skyline, it'll be a skyline in the end. You'll still get more structural stress and less stability because of the shape, and materials used in each car.

Cheers...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

H. mAIOR wrote:I mean as much as you do to a skyline, it'll be a skyline in the end. You'll still get more structural stress and less stability because of the shape, and materials used in each car.

Cheers...
Not nessesarily. Someone referenced the fastest car in the UK to me recently, which is powered by a very large V8 with a tubular steel chassis.
However, it has a Vaxhaul Calibra bodyshell on it.
Does that make it a Calibra?

No, it does not.

Besides, things like drag co-efficiants, wing effect, lowered centre of gravity ect can all be modified by bodywork, widening and lowering (I'd bet that there are a number of modified cars running with a lower centre of gravity than supercars. And as a final point, aerodynamics can't come into play that much. Brabus managed 217mph out of an E-class, DA Motorsport have managed 220 out of an M3; now there are only four of five production cars EVER built which can reach those speeds. And these are two large, four door saloons.

Aerodynamics are all well and good for keep a car ON the road at high speeds, but it's the horsepower and torque numbers which get it there!
H. mAIOR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by H. mAIOR »

So, we agree... Also for you to ahieve wing effect from a car wich doesn't have it stock, you have to remake all the chassis... widening your car can make it street illegal at least in Portugal. If your car has a gain of over 5cm in wide, it won't pass inspection and lowering itself won't lower the mass center as well as having a car built to have a low mass center.

I say we agree because I was talking about circuit racing not just 1/4 mille or geting to 60mph or top speed.
I'd like to see an E class to take on turns as a GT2 does. It wouldn't. it's too big and heavy to do that.

Cheers...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

*sigh*
All roadgoing, manufacturer built cars MUST have some leway designed into them to make them useable on a day-to-day basis. This includes things like softer suspention, higher ride height, more user-friendly engine mapping, throttle mapping and brakes, lighter clutches, sound insulation, electronics, et cetera.
All of these can be done away with on a modified car. So what if they don't achieve wing effect; on a track, unless it's an oval, they won't be traveling fast enough or cornering hard enough to need it. On a track, it is all about acceleration speed (modified cars are generally faster, as are turbocharged engines in general. For example, a stock Audi RS2 has the same 0-30 time as a McLaren F1), being able to take off speed faster therefore brake harder (12-piston Ceramic brakes anyone? Only ever seen them on a modified car), and to stay more taut through cornering (a decent set of coilovers, bushes, braces, anti-roll bars and a welded rollcage will give you bodyroll probably significantly lower than that of a supercar)
I rest my case.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

H. mAIOR wrote: I would bet my money on an F40 in a close circuit vs a skyline... My guess is in turning and maintaining speed the F40 would be able to outrun the Skyline... I mean what's the point of having 1200Hp on a car if you still have to take turns at 30 while a "supercar" (I really don't like the term) can take them at 60?
*puts flame shield up*
Cheers...
I know Ive missed a lot of this, but I disagree. The term ''modified'' is used in this argument loosely. Its being used to describe something which differentiates it from a stock item, but without explaining to what parameter it can be used.

For example, I can easily say ''An Evo will hit the quarter mile in less than 10 seconds if its been modified''. I havent mentioned that to do this, ND had to cut 3 inches off the roof, make the car a 2-door and have the exhaust exit out of the front bumper, as well as run on fully fledged slick tyres.

You say you think a stock F40 will deliver the goods better than a tuned Skyline? I say it should try taking on any of the worlds greats in any given platform. It should try the mines R34 round Tsukuba, the HKS R33 in a drag, and the K-Sport R33 GTS-T in solo. The advantage the Skyline has in this argument, is that modification gives it a single purpose - speed. The Ferrari F40, while an astonishing road car, is still a road car. As such, as Snake quite rightly said, it has to be toned down, and be able to multi-task. Afterall, its all well and good being able to do 60mph in ''less than 3 seconds'', and then not being able to idle in traffic due to the cam durations.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

H. mAIOR wrote: I say we agree because I was talking about circuit racing not just 1/4 mille or geting to 60mph or top speed.
I'd like to see an E class to take on turns as a GT2 does. It wouldn't. it's too big and heavy to do that.
It won't because it isn't built to do that. Although your comparison isn't so good, E class being a (fast if AMG and) reliable and strong sedan and GT2 being street version of race class porsche, I understand what you mean. Yes there are even a race transits or trucks that can beat 911, but of course they can't do faster laps than F1 cars or Le Mans class cars. Same is with off-roader and lambo. Lambo isn't built to go fast in straight line, it's built to impress people while you cruise down town and to have a power to back up its looks. And since it has a racing pedigree, it has to also be good at going around corners. Off roaders are like the name say desiged for irregular terrain. If you want to turn one of those cars in racing vehicles, you'll find that with lambo is much easier. But that's just logic. :wink:
Countach
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Countach »

I believe the Lambo driver didn't want to thrash his clutch as it's worth more than that Nissan. Also, SKylines are sooooo overrated, great cars, but I'm sick of hearing about them.

Return to “The Cars”