Dual Screen Problem

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Dual Screen Problem

Post by Tunerfreak »

I have a problem with my Nvidia Geforce 4 FX5200, when I run the multiple monitor setup wizard and press identify monitors both monitors display the first monitors name (Dell) but my second monitor is a Phillips, thus meaning they both display the same image even with dual screen enabled. The dell is in the primary VGA port on the card and the Phillips is using a DVI adapter on the secondary port. The card does read the phillips monitor but only displays it in union with the Dell.

And my question is.. WTF?! :?

Quick replays would be great because I only have the Phillips for a short time and I need to run dual screen to rectify a problem I have with all Photoshop 7 windows (e.g. Hue Stauration) appearing unreachable on the second monitor, Reseting the program (e.g. reinstalling) dosnt help so I assume its in the registry.

Thanks in advance.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

If I understand you correctly, you DO NOT want the same image on both screen, right?

Clone mode typically is the default dual screen setup. If you want the display to act independently you need to select "extend desktop". You propably can do that from Nvidia settings, but since I don't have Nvidia myself can't check where. But you can do it from the generic Windows Display settings too.

Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings, click on the number two screen and then select from below "extend desktop to this screen".
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Yep I want dual screen, runing dual screen itself is simple and in following your instructions I am still faced with the same problem, the card must think its displaying dual screen correctly and when I move the mouse off the screen it moves to where the Phillips should be, but the phillips monitor is displaying the same screen as the Dell even though its setup to run as the second monitor is dual screen, do you know what I jabbering on about?

For a better understanding I turn to imageshack.

Here is a Printscreen:

But here is my monitor displays:

Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Im sorry for the bump but there wasnt much going on in here, I fixed my Photoshop by reseting the preferences file but I still have the dual screen problem, please help.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Ok, here's what you need to do to get the screens the way you want:

right-click the nVidia icon at the bottom right of your screen>go to nView Display Settings>go to Dualview, then select the option that has the monitor you want to be the primary one.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Im sorry but thats just another method for engaging dual screen, as seen in the printscreen dual screen is already running, any more suggestions?

Return to “The Hardware & Software”