E3: Developer Walkthrough Video at GT

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

E3: Developer Walkthrough Video at GT

Post by Skyline_man »

Game Trailers posted a new developer walkthrough video for NFS Pro Street showing an RX-7 doing the speed challenge in the desert (who said the sense of speed was not there ? It was Crazy !), and of course showing the new smoke & damage features of the game.

Watch or Download the video here.
Watch or Download the video here. (HD)

P.S: The new smoke is brilliant. 8)

Stay tuned...
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Re: E3: Developer Walkthrough Video at GT

Post by BrontoX »

I'm impressed i am very impressed, the graphics look like in the screenshots, the smoke is great (although it will kill a lot of systems), damage is great.

BTW why did he say that Speed Challange is new cuz it looks like the Speed Trap?
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

The graphics is very nice also the smoke is great BUT.... What's up with that stupid burnout takeoff like in MW and Carbon is very unrealistic and retarded...and the speedometer is one of the ugliest i've saw yet... Better EA get back to the analog one
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Now I know I'm gonna get this game, it just looks awesome. I was laughing when all they could talk about was how good the smoke was, but it looks realistic.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I hope the graphics for the PC will be as good. Man I can't wait to get my hands on the wheel of the BMW! 8)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

C'mon Skyline_man, you'd be the last person in my mind being impressed by some cheapass smoke effect. Honestly, since when is smoke part of the selling point in a game. What's next, "oooooo noes, high definition tire textures for that ultra realistic look"...c'mon....give me a break.

Personally, that smoke "effect" looks like a real resource hog. I will definitely be turning it down to the lowest setting because when I race, I don't care about the smoke behind me.

Other than that, the game looks like it's shaping up nicely. Like I've said in the ProStreet discussion board, I don't like the damage system. It seems as if it's in stages...Light Damage, Medium Damage, Heavy Damage, etc. I want a visual graph or percentage to see how much part of the car is busted. If EA would have really smart, they would have had a small skeletal outline of the car in the corner with yellow, orange, red flashing on parts of the car which are damaged. Of course, they're not that smart...ah well.

What I don't like about this video is that those bastards at GT cut it off before we could see the damage model at the end. What was that all about? Sooo noobish...I expected better.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2furio wrote:Other than that, the game looks like it's shaping up nicely. Like I've said in the ProStreet discussion board, I don't like the damage system. It seems as if it's in stages...Light Damage, Medium Damage, Heavy Damage, etc. I want a visual graph or percentage to see how much part of the car is busted. If EA would have really smart, they would have had a small skeletal outline of the car in the corner with yellow, orange, red flashing on parts of the car which are damaged. Of course, they're not that smart...ah well.
Yea. They had this function in NFS High Stakes. I wonder why they forgot to install that feature back for Pro Street. :?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Hmm, it's turning out nice.. The Need for Speed is coming here!
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

If it's so realistic, then why is the RX7 rubberbanding left and right so steadily at such a high speed?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

RavenGT wrote:If it's so realistic, then why is the RX7 rubberbanding left and right so steadily at such a high speed?
It never said anywhere "it's so realistic". They said it's more realistic than Underground/Carbon but still not simulation like Gran Turismo Or Forza. It's half sim, half arcade and the balance should be good. It also depends on what assists the guy had on. Remember that EA said there will be assists for those who can't handle it and once you get better, you can turn them off...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'll get this one. This convinces me enoughly to get the game AND the PC upgrade. Here I go... :D
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

didn't you see it go off road and crash? the car did loose control.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ya, AI racers lost control of their car sometimes..just see when they jump, land an they loose control in a sec lol...
This time...no more cheating AI???? :roll:
That would be awesome to see...and race against tho lol
Cross
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cross »

the game definately looks decent. i will very probably get it, need an excuse to buy me a wheel. but they realy should change the speed gauge or at least have an option to chose a different one. the smoke looks nice, but they should cancel already that nitro flame from exhaust as probably most of the racers now know that in real life u don't get a barbecue in the back when u push that nice button. the demo must be available soon!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:C'mon Skyline_man, you'd be the last person in my mind being impressed by some cheapass smoke effect. Honestly, since when is smoke part of the selling point in a game. What's next, "oooooo noes, high definition tire textures for that ultra realistic look"...c'mon....give me a break.
I dont care if it is part of the selling point or not, actually it will look awesome while drifting. 8)

and hey, i dont mind HD tire textures too, i love the small details.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Skyline_man wrote:
2furio wrote:C'mon Skyline_man, you'd be the last person in my mind being impressed by some cheapass smoke effect. Honestly, since when is smoke part of the selling point in a game. What's next, "oooooo noes, high definition tire textures for that ultra realistic look"...c'mon....give me a break.
I dont care if it is part of the selling point or not, actually it will look awesome while drifting. 8)

and hey, i dont mind HD tire textures too, i love the small details.
Small details that kill your PC...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

A few points I noticed:

-I'm thinking that the sense of speed is way off.. What is it, like 160 mph? It looks like you're going 250 or something.
-The smoke is defenitely interesting, I like how it draws the smoke around your wheel when doing a burnout.
-Once again, that strange looking vibrator-style burnout thing..
-When the RX7 hits the second Evo on the back, an object flies back and the RX7 seems to jump as it hits it.
-I expected complete destruction of the car when he first flipped it in the beginning of the movie, but didn't see much of it.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

PSZeTa wrote:A few points I noticed:

-Once again, that strange looking vibrator-style burnout thing..
-When the RX7 hits the second Evo on the back, an object flies back and the RX7 seems to jump as it hits it.
-I expected complete destruction of the car when he first flipped it in the beginning of the movie, but didn't see much of it.
- I hate the vibration of the car when burning out to death!
- at first i thought it was the bumper, but then i realized it was something else. maybe the exaust tip?
- I know, right? the car hardly had any damage at all. when your flipping like that, the rear end should have just crumpled right up.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

PSZeTa wrote:-I'm thinking that the sense of speed is way off.. What is it, like 160 mph? It looks like you're going 250 or something.
Have you been driven at 160 mph and at 250...on a countryside road? The sense of speed was way off in the previous NFS games and you must have become accustomed to it. However, the sense of speed feels much better this time around...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Oh well.. It's probably because the camera slowly backs off and thus showing more of the environment, and the car accelerates rather fast.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Guys, you should stop complaining at damage. At least we have damage in this NFS....it may be not the espectacular one as Burnout 3 or other simulators, but c'mon...damage is there lol :lol:
And ya guys, I don't know...the sense of speed is rather tricky....I don't feel that the car is going to the exact speed :?
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Thanks for that 12 minutes video. =D
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

BrontoX wrote:Small details that kill your PC...
I'm getting ProStreet at a console (PS3 if I have by then, but probably PS2). I dont care to much about the grapichs. I want a game that has a long playable period before being boring. And driving games totally sucks on PC. I borrowed NFSU2 from a friend to have it on PC so i can make cars and upload here. I have it on PS2 also, and thats where I play it. So much better control.

@2furio:
You've ever been to a drifting event? I've talked with a drifter, and it's all about the speed, style and smoke! If you dont make the rear end smoke, your out!
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

2furio wrote:Other than that, the game looks like it's shaping up nicely. Like I've said in the ProStreet discussion board, I don't like the damage system. It seems as if it's in stages...Light Damage, Medium Damage, Heavy Damage, etc. I want a visual graph or percentage to see how much part of the car is busted. If EA would have really smart, they would have had a small skeletal outline of the car in the corner with yellow, orange, red flashing on parts of the car which are damaged. Of course, they're not that smart...ah well.

What I don't like about this video is that those bastards at GT cut it off before we could see the damage model at the end. What was that all about? Sooo noobish...I expected better.
Agree with the last thing you said. But. Ye, it firstly looks like the damage is in stages, but the light, medium and heavy damage is just how much damage your car is taking at that moment. As if in the developer walkthrough video, he crashes in the wall in 30 (mph/km\h dont know), and it says "light damage" and the bumper hangs off. I think, and expect it to if you crash in the wall at 190, the bumper WILL fall off, and your car will be having lower top speed, because it lost a little of it aerodynamic.

Return to “News”