Several NFSPS Updates

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Several NFSPS Updates

Post by Skyline_man »

IGN posted the first 4 ProStreet videos from the Wii version, you can download them here, one strange thing i noticed that the smoke looks as good as the 360 version, but you cant tell since the video is in low res.

Additionally, Gametrailers posted a new video interview with producer John Doyle about the new features and modes in the game, but since most of us know them already, you just get to see some new scenes from the game.

Download the video here.

Finally, we have a new mini screenshot of the Pagani Zonda.
Update: According to our affiliate site NFSPlanet.de, this seems to be a faked screenshot since the original picture of the Zonda can be found here.

Thanks to Glopaticki & Fishwhiz for the heads up.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Several NFSPS Updates

Post by prince1142003 »

And we get our first view of what will probably be one of the 8 supercars in Carbon. I have a feeling that the Nissan GTR Proto will be one of the supercars.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Pagani Zonda .. oh no :| #-o
alcohollica12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by alcohollica12 »

What's wrong with the Zonda??? OK it may be one of the Ugliest supercars around (I believe it won a Shrek lookalike contest the other year, beating Wayne Rooney!!) but at least it is better than that ridiculous wheelying RX7.

I am surprised that the smoke looks as good on the Wii as it does on the 360, but the controls look more fun on the Wii
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

nothing wrong with Zonda :) i like it .. but not in NFS ... remember playing Carbon in multiplayer, and the ramming R8 idiots beat the crap out you, racing a poor Skyline, besides their super fast cars like zonda, R8, koenigsegg ...
alcohollica12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by alcohollica12 »

I could never understand in Carbon why the top speed of the Koenigsegg was only 200mph when it has a claimed top speed of 249mph...it is an incredibly depressing sight to see a Skyline or a R8 passing you with ease when your in one...same applies to the Zonda.

There is also a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in the Doyle interview (55secs in) and what looks to be the rear of a Viper (2mins 7secs in) probably 2006

For a game that is now supposed to be realistic why do they still have the RX7's wheelying??? it make no sense. #-o
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

Well u can get a rx-7 to make a wheelie just need alot of hp and it looks stupid :?
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

And why do they still have nitro refil and lancer X and PROTO GT?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

danyutz wrote:nothing wrong with Zonda :) i like it .. but not in NFS ... remember playing Carbon in multiplayer, and the ramming R8 idiots beat the crap out you, racing a poor Skyline, besides their super fast cars like zonda, R8, koenigsegg ...
The only thing I'd worry is destroying that baby.. It's not cheap after all. Haha! ;)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

In the screenshot it looks good,very sport-ish,but i don't wanna see that guys ricing it. [-X
MrStayPuft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStayPuft »

im sure most have you have noticed but the tyre marks in the road that everybody has been moaning are not there are in the wii version. a little silly really questioning something that has been in most of the nfs game`s
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

Andre you got a point there, i dont wanna make a scratch on that ride #-o
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

alcohollica12 wrote:What's wrong with the Zonda??? OK it may be one of the Ugliest supercars around (I believe it won a Shrek lookalike contest the other year, beating Wayne Rooney!!) but at least it is better than that ridiculous wheelying RX7.

I am surprised that the smoke looks as good on the Wii as it does on the 360, but the controls look more fun on the Wii
Ok mann get over it! tuners can do wheelies with a enough hspwr, torque, weight savings, proper tyres and suspension mods anything can I mean EA is capable of doing stuff alot more annoying like how they completely screwed up the PC & Xbox Versions of NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and Playstaion 2 version ran near flawless comparitively, Now thats something to be pissed about especially if your were unforunate enough to purchase one of those 2 disasters or like how the sdtrk on Most Wanted Completely sucked.............
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Read the update everyone.
MrStayPuft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStayPuft »

ZONDA PICK IS FAKE :) thank god who really spends 200k on a super car and then tune`s it up even more to race against a load of street racers???? even if i had the cash i would rather have a 1000+hp skyline or v8.

[online play] i just hope we get a good selection of cars that are ALL able to win races not just one (supercar) that everybody uses online. but i can see it now everybody driving the same car just like in u1 rx7/ u2 corolla/ mw bmw/c vette. i know that some cars would be faster no matter what you do but come on we want atleast the better tuners i.e skyline/supra/evo to be able to race like they can. im sure most of you have seen street racing clips with civics owning vipers supra`s owning super cars i know ive seen plenty and its about time they started giving the tuners something to play with

2 clips to prove my claims
[civic] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uTGRVtFI_Y
[supra] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxhzejM5zMY
Demon666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Demon666 »

Zonda wont be in since they said no sports cars
focus on street racing
they said they took out sports cars
alcohollica12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by alcohollica12 »

Ok mann get over it! tuners can do wheelies with a enough hspwr, torque, weight savings, proper tyres and suspension mods
Certain tuners can, the Supra can because I've seen one but the RX7 has a rotary engine it physically cannot provide enough torque to lift it's own body weight that high, horsepower has next to nothing to do with it, its all about the turning moments of the engine, seeing that RX7 with those BBS rims doing a wheelie is rubbish.

Oh and I checked to see any vids of it on Youtube, and the only RX7 doing a wheelie of that magnetude had a (surprise surprise) V8 in it... :roll:
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I've seen rotaries launch, and heres one to prove it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSdMGIKn ... ed&search=
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The Zonda pic is indeed a fake, photoshoped from the newest rendering of the Zonda R:
http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/ ... onda-r.jpg

I knew it looked familiar, I just couldn't find the original picture till now.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

That Zonda is a 3d modeled by some guy..i cant remember which site though. So its not conformed at all.

Also did anyone notice the skid marks in the gameplay video of the Wii version... I think EA just missed that one on new gen versions..or couldn't get it to work. :|
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

alcohollica12 wrote:
Ok mann get over it! tuners can do wheelies with a enough hspwr, torque, weight savings, proper tyres and suspension mods
Certain tuners can, the Supra can because I've seen one but the RX7 has a rotary engine it physically cannot provide enough torque to lift it's own body weight that high, horsepower has next to nothing to do with it, its all about the turning moments of the engine, seeing that RX7 with those BBS rims doing a wheelie is rubbish.

Oh and I checked to see any vids of it on Youtube, and the only RX7 doing a wheelie of that magnetude had a (surprise surprise) V8 in it... :roll:

well maybe in new NFS you will be able to put a diffrent engine
lets say to put camaro s engine in rx7
MrStayPuft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStayPuft »

the 2.6 twin turbo rx7 does not have a rotary engine as far as i know its only the smaller engines but im not 100% sure
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

huh, good, the zonda is a fake =D>
alcohollica12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by alcohollica12 »

Mrstaypuft wrote

the 2.6 twin turbo rx7 does not have a rotary engine as far as i know its only the smaller engines but im not 100% sure

It all depends on the year it was produced, from 1991-2002 the RX7 had a 1.3l rotary engine as standard, there was a 2.6l version made as well- this one may be able to wheelie if it had big wheels and upgrades etc but to see one do it with only racing tyres is still of the mark.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

t3ice wrote:That Zonda is a 3d modeled by some guy..i cant remember which site though. So its not conformed at all.
It's not modeled by any guy. It's an official rendering from the Pagani headquarters.

Return to “News”