New Interview with NFSPS Audio team

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New Interview with NFSPS Audio team

Post by Skyline_man »

Checking the blog section at the official site, i found a new interview with some of the Audio team behind NFSPS.

1. What's new and innovative in the audio for ProStreet?

Phil: This year, speech plays a much more supportive role compared to previous Need for Speed's. As ProStreet takes place entirely within real world race tracks, it was decided early on that these locations would require voices to support the idea of being at a sponsored racing event. Why hire actors when you could get the real deal, right...? So we asked a few "professional" race announcers to be a part of the game - Jarod DeAnda (Formula-D), John Hindhaugh (Radio Lemans), and Jbird (NOPI) spent over 100 hours in the voiceover booth recording lines of speech specifically for our game. They talk about everything that goes on in ProStreet, both on and off the track. This has added a tremendous amount of life and energy to each and every race. If you've ever heard just one of these guys announce a racing event in person, you'll know exactly what I mean... This is the real deal.

Jesse: NFS Cars now have "real" physics, which means cars will sound and feel much more realistic. Pro drivers use their ears constantly for feedback during a race and we wanted to recreate this experience in Pro Street as good as possible. We use nearly every modeled physics input to drive sound. You will now get a great sense of feedback from your engine and turbo/supercharger how hard you're working your car. Tire sounds are accurately modeled as well, letting you know how close you are to edge of control.

Adam: We've got real-time damage this year and the audio has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to support this feature. What we've done is created a layered damage model, so that for any crash, what you hear is the sound of the surface you hit plus the sound of the part of the car that was damaged. Every part of the car that can be damaged has an entire sequence of audio to support it, from the lowest intensity bump to the sound of the part being ripped off and clattering down the road behind you.

Read the full interview here.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: New Interview with NFSPS Audio team

Post by maniksdi »

guess they'll have 100 hours of announcements within the game :P . . thats a lot of information to listen to . . not bad actually :D
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

announcements sound good =D>
yegor991
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yegor991 »

Music to my ears. Yahoooooo. Is any1 feels like me now?
---------------
ROCK'N'ROLL
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I knew I recognized Jarod DeAnda's voice in the Drift video... He's an interesting announcer at the Formula D events... Always making up phrases and stuff. This is gonna be awesome! Should give a nice realistic feel to the game. And 100 hours? Probably won't hear too many repeated phrases (hopefully).
AsBest
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AsBest »

Did you read the full interview? What do you think about R8 sound recordings? I think that car would be in the game. Or i'm wrong?
ps: sorry for my english, i'm ukrainian ;)
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

SOUNDS VERY NICE :D :D =D> =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

im pretty sure the R8 is gonna be in the game from that, and what about the LM cars? it'd be cool to like race against Le Mans cars in the game :D. Or maybe it'll just be like the bonus cars in Carbon.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Looks like the R8 will be in the game :mrgreen:
RobinZ wrote:it'd be cool to like race against Le Mans cars in the game :D. Or maybe it'll just be like the bonus cars in Carbon.
Hmmm......i think they recorded the LeMans cars so they can get the sound for fully tuned cars not so much for actual LeMans cars being in the game. If they were they'd be beyond supercars and EA did say they'll only have 8 supercars.
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

I think it was like MW or something they had an LM Porsche GT3 i think as a bonus car... but i guess you're right.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

yeah guys the R8 will definetly be in the game !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea: =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Any prove of it?
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

Well why would they record an R8 if it wouldn't be in the game? Ever think of that?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There was also a screenshot of three Audis and a Mazda RX8.

Return to “News”