NFSPS Updates at IGN

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSPS Updates at IGN

Post by Skyline_man »

IGN posted a new preview from nearly a final build of the game, along with several new screenshots mainly showing the new GT-R.
Car damage plays a part in your vehicle's performance. Rather than influencing all sorts of nuances to your performance, there are simply three levels to the damage that you can receive. Light and major damage affect your car's acceleration, top speed and handling in either minor or major ways, depending on what level you're at. These are full car effects, so no matter where the impact occurs, it'll affect you in the same ways. This is nice in that you always know exactly how much of a detriment a crash will be on your racing.

Beyond light and major damage, you can also total your car, which not only takes you out of the race but leaves your vehicle unusable until you get it fixed. With light and heavy damage, you can continue to take your car into races, though it'll perform at a less than ideal level. When it's totaled, you'll need to use a specific ticket that you can win in order to bring it back from the dead. Without said ticket, you'll have to rely on other vehicles until you pick one up.
Check the preview here, and the screenshots here.

Thanks to krazyammo & Tviper7 for spotting these.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFSPS Updates at IGN

Post by Kimba »

"you'll need to use a specific ticket that you can win" - Does that mean that I have to beat a boss to win it :?: :?: I know that on real street races aren't some tickets that repair your car instantly :D Btw the game seems good. :mrgreen:
ShinyG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ShinyG »

The "use ticket to repair car" idea seems broken...
Does that mean I won't be able to repair my car unless I have said ticket!?! Is this game trying to imitate car racing or Monopoly!?! Sounds stupid and unrealistic. One would expect money to be the means by which you repair a car, but NO, EA has to reinvent the friggin' wheel and put this crappy system in place...
And the "light damage/heavy damage/totaled car" is probably meant for retarded people. They bragged about procedural damage, advanced physics and stuff, and all they did is use it to give you three levels of generic damage levels. I know 2D arcade racers with more depth than that! Technically, that is LAME! I understand that they want the game to be appealing to kids and people that don't know squat about cars, but they seem to forget about geeks, gearheads and car obsessed people (I fit all the above three). I was expecting more of this game, but it seems that after NFS Porsche, EA took a deep plunge into the "money-hungry corporation" pool.

Hope I don't start a flame war because of my comment, but you have to realize this is my personal opinion. Please treat it accordingly.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Ticket for repairs is a way to repair your car for free. Otherwise you can pay for it.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

ShinyG wrote:The "use ticket to repair car" idea seems broken...
Does that mean I won't be able to repair my car unless I have said ticket!?! Is this game trying to imitate car racing or Monopoly!?! Sounds stupid and unrealistic. One would expect money to be the means by which you repair a car, but NO, EA has to reinvent the friggin' wheel and put this crappy system in place...
And the "light damage/heavy damage/totaled car" is probably meant for retarded people. They bragged about procedural damage, advanced physics and stuff, and all they did is use it to give you three levels of generic damage levels. I know 2D arcade racers with more depth than that! Technically, that is LAME! I understand that they want the game to be appealing to kids and people that don't know squat about cars, but they seem to forget about geeks, gearheads and car obsessed people (I fit all the above three). I was expecting more of this game, but it seems that after NFS Porsche, EA took a deep plunge into the "money-hungry corporation" pool.

Hope I don't start a flame war because of my comment, but you have to realize this is my personal opinion. Please treat it accordingly.
If you want realism, dump NFS and go buy a simulation game. Jeez.

The ticket systems seems to be the same as MW aftermarket visual part, you get it for free, no money needed, instead of paying for it, my guess is as Bojan said.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

Well if thats true, the tickets repair car for free, why do you have chance of getting them after EVERY race??? I think it would be much better to get this tickets after successful race weekend, not every race!
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Kimba wrote:Well if thats true, the tickets repair car for free, why do you have chance of getting them after EVERY race??? I think it would be much better to get this tickets after successful race weekend, not every race!
you cant rely on that . . better cut the corners clean 8) . . that will surely get you more skillz and voluntary adrenaline . . . . The grip events are gonna be really tough . . cause personally, I hate circuit races
ccrst92
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ccrst92 »

Welcome to the club |Xx.EVO.xX|, coz I hate circuits.
And we can't skip them like before...
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

You hate circut????????
you must be crazy!!!
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

ccrst92 wrote:Welcome to the club |Xx.EVO.xX|, coz I hate circuits.
And we can't skip them like before...
Then I'm welcome too :D . I really hate circuits!
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Don't like circuits?! Who are you people!!! I bet you're Nascar and NHRA fans huh? :P

Turns are the best part of racing.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

Zero260 wrote:Don't like circuits?! Who are you people!!! I bet you're Nascar and NHRA fans huh? :P

I like short and dynamic circuits, but I hate circuits like race wars :x like in carbon. They are long and boring. Computer is no challenge to me so I drive 95% of the race alone!! :( Thats why I'll rather drive speed challenge or drag than circuit.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

If you noticed from the delayed starting times, in speed challenges you're basically on your own as well...

By the way, the (2007 I think?) Shelby GT500 is a new addition to the slowly growing car list, though the spoiler on it is extremely ugly and most likely useless.

There's also the 1998 - 2004 Ford Mustang GT in the new screenshots.

And does anyone else think that the "garage" screenshots of the cars are waaay too glossy? :? Makes the cars look fake...
Lancer_kid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lancer_kid »

The car list is growing pretty quickly now =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ :)
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi
Lancer_kid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lancer_kid »

Zero260 wrote:Don't like circuits?! Who are you people!!! I bet you're Nascar and NHRA fans huh? :P

These guys are F1 and Rally fans
Vince Lombardi
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

I like watching circuit races while my favorite racer is winning . . but thats about it . . I just like to keep track of the lap times and competition and who's doing the fastest laps and who's catching up who . . but in a video game, I hate going through the same place more than once . . feels like reseting the race . . and lengthy circuits are hell
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

sweet screens!!!!
nice to see the new camaro and the pagani zonda f in the game
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Yeah, I guess it just depends on the driver... But usually I'll go through a turn and look forward to taking that same turn harder and faster the next lap. Sometimes I get so into it, I lose track of what lap I'm on and get mad when the race ends, haha.
Lancer_kid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lancer_kid »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:I like watching circuit races while my favorite racer is winning . . but thats about it . . I just like to keep track of the lap times and competition and who's doing the fastest laps and who's catching up who . . but in a video game, I hate going through the same place more than once . . feels like reseting the race . . and lengthy circuits are hell
Yeah i cant stand Nurburgring on Gran Tourismo 4 :evil: :evil:
Waaaaay too long :(
Vince Lombardi
ShinyG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ShinyG »

I hope you're right about the repairing part guys. I would hate to wait for a ticket to pop up just to repair my car. Maybe I got a bit carried away by the ambiguous information in IGN's article..

I know this game is an arcade made to appeal to the masses, but as I said, I hope they don't put any retarded features in the game that would make it less appealing to gearheads like me.

On another lighter note: the car list seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Niiiice! :mrgreen:

Return to “News”