Nissan 370Z Launches With Undercover

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Nissan 370Z Launches With Undercover

Post by Bojan »

The press release:
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EA and Nissan shift into high-gear this holiday! The Need for Speed series continues the tradition of featuring the most desirable cars as Black Box, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Nissan today revealed the highly-anticipated all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z. This marks the first time an auto manufacturer has partnered with a videogame company for the world premiere reveal of a car. The Nissan Z® will be available exclusively in this holiday’s hottest action driving title, Need for Speed™ Undercover, available in North America on November 18 and in Europe on November 21.

“For the past 15 years, Need for Speed has helped define contemporary automotive culture by bridging the gap between gamers and the world’s hottest cars. As such, we are very excited to partner with one of the automotive powerhouses today to exclusively reveal the all-new Nissan Z®,” said Keith Munro, Vice President of Marketing at Electronic Arts. “Need for Speed is about style, fast-paced action and power; this is definitely a car made for Need for Speed fans. Come November, they’ll be able to test drive the all-new 370Z in the game before the car is released on the market.”

“Our relationship with EA has been instrumental in bringing the Nissan brand to a passionate and unique audience,” says Christian Meunier, Vice President, Nissan Marketing. “By launching the all-new 2009 Nissan Z® first through Need for Speed Undercover, we also gain the spirit and energy that EA gamers experience so strongly. Together with EA, we have truly integrated the all-new 370Z in the overall game experience in a meaningful, multi-layered and profound way.”

With the signature boomerang headlights and taillights to the enhanced powertrain, Need for Speed Undercover designers worked closely with Nissan to accurately replicate the overall look, feel and performance of the all-new Nissan Z®. From the game’s opening moment, players will be thrust right into the action with gamers whipping the 370Z in-and-out of traffic at high speed.

The all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z is a super evolution of the iconic Nissan Z®, building on the strengths of its predecessor, finding the sports car “sweet spot” in performance, style, and value. The 2009 Nissan Z marks the first full redesign of the Nissan Z® since its reintroduction as a 2003 model.

The all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe will be unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show on November 19, hitting dealerships in early 2009.
Screenshots.
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Nissan 370Z Launches With Undercover

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

370 is ok, but they better put in the 350 too. I doubt they will though. :roll: :roll:
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

Awesome !!!
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Very nice indeed, but nissan 350z must be also in undercover !!!! [-o< :wink:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

elie8 wrote:Very nice indeed, but nissan 350z must be also in undercover !!!! [-o< :wink:
"YES the 350Z will be IN & the Ferrari Enzo is going to be in,too, though I hate Ferrari's personally!" 8)

PS: "Now, I'm waiting 4 the Murciélago LP640 & the Subaru WRX STi, maybe 4 the Gallardo Superleggera, too!" [-o<
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

TRANSFORMER wrote:
elie8 wrote:Very nice indeed, but nissan 350z must be also in undercover !!!! [-o< :wink:
"YES the 350Z will be IN & the Ferrari Enzo is going to be in,too, though I hate Ferrari's personally!" 8)

PS: "Now, I'm waiting 4 the Murciélago LP640 & the Subaru WRX STi, maybe 4 the Gallardo Superleggera, too!" [-o<
In where? Forza3?
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

TRANSFORMER !! My Dear Friend !! i don't think that Ferrari Enzo is in Undercover !! No Way !! :?
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

God damn this car roster is giving me an erection.
Matthew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Matthew »

Bojan wrote:In where? Forza3?
TDU 2 perhaps? :lol:

Given that the R34 is still in the game along with the R35, I'd say that there's almost certainly a reasonable chance of seeing the 350Z make an appearance again, as I'd have to imagine that the 370Z is a fairly last minute addition to the car list in comparison to the majority of vehicles we'll see, given its unreleased status.

Matt
The King of Kings!
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

it's alright. looks a bit like a fish gasping for air with that front end. still similar looking to the 350Z (didn't like it either). oh well. The car list is still shaping up nicely though!
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Nothing is impossible so far & the thing with the unconfirmed McLaren F1 would be interesting thing, too!" :o
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I can confirm that McLaren F1 for you...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well... although the 370Z looks good, I don't particularly like the rear of the car. The front is ok, but the rear... meh, I don't like it. I prefer 350Z. Let's hope EA puts that car too.

Anyway, this list is going good... I just need Carrera GT there to be fully happy :D.
Moe-Z-
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Moe-Z- »

Looks very nice like the bk of this car ! looks amazing imo ! cant wait to tune it :wink:
*sig removed for breaking the rules. size limits are 550x120px & 50kb*
[S]izzLe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by [S]izzLe »

honestly the 370z is hawt. look at the fb. the style on it is hawt. 350z was a bit too boxy to me. cant w8 to drive it :twisted:
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px & 50kb*
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Bojan wrote:I can confirm that McLaren F1 for you...
"Good 2 know that => Thank You Very Much, Bojan 4 this Info'!" :o :D 8) :wink:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"YES the 350Z will be IN & the Ferrari Enzo is going to be in,too, though I hate Ferrari's personally!" 8)

350Z may or may not be in. Maybe Bojan will be able to tell us on Thursday.
No Ferrari's in Undercover. If there were any, that would be the selling point of the game for a lot of people, so EA would've revealed that earlier.
Murciélago LP640 is in. It was "accidentally" revealed when the Gallardo LP560-4 was mislabelled.
There will probably be a Subaru Impreza in Undercover; it's been there since Most Wanted.
Gallardo Superleggera probably will not be in there. There's already a Gallardo in. Once again, Bojan might be able to confirm that on Thursday.

@Bojan
I thought you couldn't reveal anything about the carlist till Thursday?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Actually I had to wait until the 370Z was revealed. Since it went out today, there's no embargos anymore.
Now all I have to do is write that article :)

Speaking of the Subaru Impreza: unfortunatly I didn't see one in the game. Same goes for Hondas.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I didn't expect Hondas or Acuras, not since they were prominently absent in the games with police present. I did expect a Subaru though. Hmm :?.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well we did have a build that was missing a few cars (because of the 370Z thing) so it's possible the Subaru Impreza was left out. There was no RX8 in either but that car was already confirmed.
Matthew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Matthew »

prince1142003 wrote:I didn't expect Hondas or Acuras, not since they were prominently absent in the games with police present. I did expect a Subaru though. Hmm :?.
Hmmm, the Subaru is surprising, but as you say Prince, the Honda and Acura brands, not so much. I guess the overall unpopularity of the new Impreza could have contributed to the car's absence, but then again, that shouldn't really have had an effect unless the contract was up for renewal, and Subaru tried upping the cost for the car to a price that EA were unwilling to pay.

Of course, another possibility is that it could be reserved for DLC content. Bojan, would the version you played be likely to show the cars that will become DLC content, since history has shown that the DLC content for Need for Speed is usually already on the disc?

Matt
Last edited by Matthew on 29 Oct 2008, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
The King of Kings!
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

love that Z :D
im amazed with the car list by now :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Matthew wrote:Of course, another possibility is that it could be reserved for DLC content. Bojan, would the version you played be likely to show the cars that will become DLC content, since history has shown that the DLC content for Need for Speed is usually already on the disc?

Matt
Yes that is definitely a possibility - they didn't say what's for DLC, but I'm sure some of the cars won't be available from the start.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Bojan wrote:
Matthew wrote:Of course, another possibility is that it could be reserved for DLC content. Bojan, would the version you played be likely to show the cars that will become DLC content, since history has shown that the DLC content for Need for Speed is usually already on the disc?

Matt
Yes that is definitely a possibility - they didn't say what's for DLC, but I'm sure some of the cars won't be available from the start.
So there will definitely be DLC? Any idea if it will be free, or like the DLC for ProStreet?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

My guess is we can expect something similar to prostreet: packs and individual cars.

Return to “News”