Photo Mode in Shift

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Photo Mode in Shift

Post by Racemaniac »

Yes, this is about the possibility of a Photo Mode in Shift. If you look at all released screens up until now, they look exactly like the in-game footage which we got from the trailer. Apart from that, the two gameplay videos which we have seen are also exactly like the above mentioned screenshots and the trailer. This could trigger the possibility of a Photo Mode in Shift, maybe even a no HUD option, with all the speedometers off.
SMS and EA are sticking to their word of these images being in-game, and as for the trailer, they weren't lying there too when they said "Actual In-game Footage."
So, what I'm saying is that Shift might have a Photo Mode as every single screenshot, all three videos, are exactly the same. Let's hope its not like from NFS Carbon till Undercover where you have to upload it to the Internet. Why not just save it onto the hard drive?
What do you say?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Photo Mode in Shift

Post by prince1142003 »

If you want to have Bojan ask the producers.

There is a replay mode. If there is a replay mode, there is also a photo mode because you can just hit pause and wait for the HUD to disappear.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

agree, I found photo mode a hassle in Carbon with all that internet crap, never used it
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmm, Photomode + PrintScreen = Solution.

For those with a console, you'll probably be playing online anyway, so no hassle.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:agree, I found photo mode a hassle in Carbon with all that internet crap, never used it
There was a photomode in Carbon...
I only ever used prtscr ;)
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

prince1142003 wrote:Hmm, Photomode + PrintScreen = Solution.

For those with a console, you'll probably be playing online anyway, so no hassle.
Even though I will be playing it on a console, I still want to be able to save photos on the hard drive so that I can transfer them to a computer. I find the "taking photos and sending them online" a bit too much of a hassle.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Sign in to the EA website, and right-click + Save As.

Or you could attempt a camera, but you'd have to be careful about scanlines and reflections.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

prince1142003 wrote:Hmm, Photomode + PrintScreen = Solution.

yeah that's what I did. Anyway, I can't login with my EA account on their website so it's quite frustrating
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I think it'd be kinda cool if EA stepped up the photo mode in shift to be on par with Forza 2's.... just a thought...
I'm a console gamer tho so it probably wouldn't be necessary for a PC user since they could easily just photoshop whatever they take.
webcrtor
Stock
Stock

Post by webcrtor »

Anyone knows where the snapshots are stored locally before they are uploaded? would be nice if I could just alt-tab after taking a snapshot and grab the jpg file of it...

Return to “SHIFT”