bumpers

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
ClaymoreWW
Ricer
Ricer

bumpers

Post by ClaymoreWW »

Ok...

1.. i am new to NFSU, but have years of experience making skins for other games.

2. I have read and re-read the articles on Vinyls and looked at several examples

3. I HAVE created successful vinyls

but I am having a problem - i am trying to make a fading vinyl...it is working wonderfully, with the exception of the BUMPER.

How/why/what do i have to do to fix this...i have been wracking my brain literally for about 6 hours - no matter what i do, the bumper wont accept the color. Are there overlaps in color that block the mask or what am i doing wrong?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ClaymoreWW

check the pic:
Attachments
testa.jpg
two custom vinyls and one stock - partial bumper vinyl works (see stripes) but bumper SHOULD be all red.
(55.31 KiB) Downloaded 1619 times
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

it would look good on a different car
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I'm pretty sure this is a glitch with the game mate - some bumpers on some cars just do that. There are other odd things too - mirrors that take the same colour as the engine, headlights that pick up body vinyls colours etc. Does it work ok with a different part installed?
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

as i said just use a different car and it should work ;)
ClaymoreWW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ClaymoreWW »

well, a little rework this morning and i got it to work...for some reason I had to separate the body area fron the bumper area with a band of black.

This fade looks good, escpecially on this red vinyl over black paint, but in lighter colors, there is a bit of graying in the mid-fade area.

too bad each car has slightly (and tiny) different layout areas, it requires that each car vinyl be tweaked. I have Miata and Focus done.

clay
Attachments
testb.jpg
finally the bumper is the right color
(59.88 KiB) Downloaded 1583 times

Return to “Editing”