NFS World: Version 5 Patch 5 Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

NFS World: Version 5 Patch 5 Discussion Thread

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Purpose:
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / game hot fix 5.05 to Need for Speed World. See Release notes below.

Duration:
Two hours

Start: 20:00 hrs (8:00 PM) PST / 23:00 hrs (11:00 PM) EST / 04:00 hrs (4:00 AM) GMT
End: 22:00 hrs (10:00 PM) PST / 01:00 hrs (01:00 AM) EST / 06:00 hrs (6:00 AM) GMT

Affected Users:
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not be able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.

Release Notes:

NEW Features:
- An additional meeting place located at Riverfront Stadium in Rockport has been added
- Four new vinyl categories have been made available exclusively for purchase: Vandal, Hatch, Vudu and Maskirovka!
- In addition, for those who wish to unlock the previous vinyls at earlier levels have now been given the option to do so
- An all-new ‘Pro Street’ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been added for rental from the Car Dealer
- The ‘Underground’ Nissan Skyline GT-R [R34] Skyline is now available for purchase with SpeedBoost (previously available for Rental)

Bug Fixes/Changes:
- Fixed an issue where cop cars will suddenly appear or disappear while in a highly populated area of free roam
- The Nissan Skyline GT-R [R34] can now correctly enter Tier 2 racing events
- Fixed an area in Fortuna that cop cars would not enter during a pursuit
- Players who purchase a car with SpeedBoost will no longer have to leave the Safehouse to receive their additional car slot
- Fixed an issue for players with the Porsche 911 Snowflake Edition that was causing their opponent’s car information to display improperly in the Multiplayer lobby
- Fixed an issue with the Leaderboard in the News Feed that caused the rank numbers to be cut off
- Fixed an issue where some promotional vinyls were not appearing in the ‘Special’ category of the Vinyl Shop
- Attempting to purchase a Mystery Pack with insufficient cash will now display an appropriate error message
- Locked vinyl categories have been fixed to inform players which level they need to be to unlock each category
- Fixed an issue that prevented player’s stats from updating in the race lobby after applying performance parts to their cars
- Added some Sound FX that were missing from the Safehouse Customization menus
- Fixed a vinyl distortion issue on the Toyota Supra equipped with an Avalanche visual package
- Fixed a vinyl distortion issue with the Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
- The Heat Progression Meter now fills with a consistent color
- A number of clipping and flickering issues in the world have been resolved
- Minor fixes were made for localized languages
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS World: Version 5 Patch 5 Discussion Thread

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Good:
Some of those fixes.
The R34 is not too expensive, just 600 boost more than a stock Elise.
Im able to start pursuits more easily, though they still leave those spikestrips randomly on higher heat levels.

Bad: Still no fix for Sync.
Now the track isnt marked on minimap during races.
Still no fix for disappearing roadblocks leaving only spikestrips and debris behind.

Nothing for car balance
(But really, what did i expect, if they were on the whole holiday thing, then they had maybe 10 days to do anything, barely enough to do anything to 1 car, let alone the amount of cars that is useless or overpowered.)

Looking at this i guess that we will have to wait until 5.10 for some serious fixes.
Either that, or 6.0
rapzeh
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rapzeh »

The only difference I see is that the game crashed randomly. This didn't happen to me that often before this patch.

Also, the minimap has become useless in-race, you can't predict which way you'll have to turn, or if you have to turn at all.

Haven't tried the pursuits yet.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Any advice on escaping the pursuits currently would be appreciated, i just can't escape them.

Its quite hard when you are on a 4 lane road, and you have 2 road blocks in front of you made of rhinos, several rhinos going around it, several rhinos behind you and some on top of you and more arriving with a corvette in between.

Its good that pursuits are hard, but they need to give more rewards (rep and cash) for them, because they do require effort to escape right now.
rapzeh
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rapzeh »

Just did a pursuit... they have to be joking or something. 1/3 - 1/2 the police cars involved in pursuits are rhinos.

I crashed into a double spikestrip rhino roadblock (double because there were 2 rows of cars), the I got hit by a rhino kamikaze squad from behind, and then another squat from the front. All this in a 5 seconds interval. It was like a baby seal being clubbed to death, not very fun.

So basically pursuits are broken.
PETRISTOM
Stock
Stock

Post by PETRISTOM »

This patch made mi uninstall game, i dont se reason to continue play the game. Non stop crashing, in 100 gold cards not even one part, just rep who force mi to go to level 50 in 4 days. Best thing is i spend 120 Euro on cards and get parts wich i could get for free. And best thing is leaderboard with unreal results. Congrats to fair players but first 20 to 100 results are all time bug/feauture. For now im retired.
Malo nas je al nas ima

Return to “World”