A question......

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

A question......

Post by MikeFarrar »

I was wondering if it is possible to edit the mesh for the bodykits in the game. ie Make the mesh on the kits lighter or make it look like the intercooler is showin through. This would be really cool coz i dont like the bodykits in the game. Just tell me if it is or isnt possible.

~Mike
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The NFSU car models have not been cracked yet. I expect the answer is no.
Nomad
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nomad »

They're able too be extracted and imported into 3DSM (with the use of a butt load of plugin's) but there is no way to re-import them back into NFSU.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

... but if you got to the textures.bin for that particular car, you will be able to find shadow/texture files for the car. There, you have a picture of a grill (only half of it (other part gets mirrrored). That is you best chance to do something to the grill.

What the guys said is right - you can't import any mesh into NFSU - that's the bottom line.
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

thx guys. this question has been plaguing my mind when i heard about nfsu modding. Hopefully in the near future we'll be able to import bodykits. But until then we'll have to live with wat we got.
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

I got it. i know how to lighten the mesh/ place an intercooler on the carz. Although it only works on snyper and ace but thats a start. heres a pic. IT SUX INCREDIBLY. that is coz im not good at psp7. som great texture editor plz help me improve this.

~Mike
Attachments
Skyline intercooler 0.1 Beta.jpg
This really sux. sum1 help me improve it plz!!!!!!
(75.7 KiB) Downloaded 1445 times

Return to “Editing”