Rammstein

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Hybrid 87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Rammstein

Post by Hybrid 87 »

What are your thoughts about this german Rockband?

Here are some lyrics for those who haven`t heard their songs. I`v translated them into english cuz originaly the sing in german.
Ohne dich(Without You)
I`ll go to the firs
There I saw her last time
But the evening is layin` a cloth over the land
And the road near the forest
And the forest stands black and ampty
Oh my, oh my
And the birds arn`t singing any more

I can`t be without you
Without you
I`m alone with you
Without you
Without I`m counting the hours
Without you
The seconds are standing with you
Not worth it

On the branches in the ditch
It`s quet without life
And it`s dificult for me to breath
Oh my, oh y
And the birds arn`t singing any more

I can`t be without you
Without you
I`m alone with you
Without you
Without I`m counting the hours
Without you
The seconds are standing with you
Not worth it
Moskau(Moskow)
[letters in dark red are in russian]
(This is a sond about the best city in the world - Moskow!)

This city is a prostitute,
Has red spots on the forehead
She has teeth out of gold
She is fat but still holding
Their mouth fills it to glen,
When I pay her,
She`s undresing,
But only for money
The city which holds my breath

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)
(Pioners are walking there, Singing song to Lenin)

She`s old but beutifull,
I can`t resist (Can`t resist)
Powdering her old skin,
Has build new breasts (has build herself)
She`s making me hot,
I`m in pain
She`s dancing for me,
I must pay her (I must pay)
She`s sleeping with me,
But only for money
But still the best city in the world

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)

1, 2, 3

I see what you don`t
(When you are asleep)

I see what you don`t
(When you`re layin` before me)

I see what you don`t
(When you talk to me)

I see what you will never see

Raz dva tri

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)

Chorus:
Moscow!, (1, 2, 3)
Moscow!, (Look)
(Pioners are walking there, Singing song to Lenin - Moskow!)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Never heard of them . . . and it's hard to get an idea of what it sounds like, without listening to it.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

If you've heard scary German techno-rock, you've heard Rammstein. IMO, they're overrated but they write catchy stuff.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

IMO, it sounds like shiznit. :P
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Rammstein rocks, but their lyrics aren't meant to be translated imo... It's kinda hard to describe their music, but it's one of the best bands around :D

Some of their biggest hits: Du Hast, Engel, Sonne, Amerika, Mein Herz Brennt and Feuer Frei (opening song on the movie xXx).

Check them out :)
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatblacksleeper »

Me like Rammstein, funny thing on Senchut (sorry bout speeling) in my opinion Du Haust is the worst song on the albun, and its still good

If you want to hear a gernaral overview of Rammestein- go out and buy Live Aus berlin, way good, great cd, and songs, they rock in concert, never got to see them though :cry:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

PSZeTa wrote:IMO, it sounds like shiznit. :P
You're probably right. I'm not a big fan of German music, and I can't stand techno of any sort.
Sorry. :P
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I wouldn't call Rammstein techno... I would rather put it in a metal genre, but I'm not really sure which one...

flatbacksleeper: Du Hast is a classic... :) And the album name is spelled "Sehnsucht" :)
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

yeah i know rammstein. i've got 8 albums of them 8) . but Mein herz brent is my all time favourite :P
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

yes i know about rammstein i like their music
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

rammstein biography :Rammstein was formed in 1993 by an assembly of factory-weary proletarians raised in East Germany. They took their name (adding an "m") from the location of a German tragedy where 80 people were hurt and killed as the result of a crash during an American Air Force flight show. The literal translation of "ram stein" is a battering ram made of stone.

Word of Rammstein's horror romanticist blend of theatre and music spread like wildfire. Till Lindemann would sing entire songs engulfed in flame from head to toe. The band's first album, Herzeleid (or Heartache), built on the grounds created by the band's live reputation. Scaling the German charts (and remaining there until the release of the second Rammstein LP some two years later), the album also introduced the band to the world outside of the Germany/Switzerland/Austria region. As Rammstein's second album, Sehnsucht (Longing), was released, the band was headlining throughout Europe to crowds of 10,000 to 30,000 people. Sehnsucht entered the German charts at number one immediately upon its release, and came very close to doing to the same in Austria and Switzerland.

Within weeks, entries on other countries' charts had Sehnsucht rubbing elbows with Prodigy, Radiohead, and the Rolling Stones on Billboard's cumulative Eurochart. From there the fever spread, transcending any perceived language barrier. Somehow, the German language is integral to the Rammstein sound.
Attachments
concert_groupflame.jpg
(39.3 KiB) Downloaded 4134 times
RammsteinTillFireF.jpg
(178.04 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Kilkenny
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kilkenny »

Rammstein is pretty cewl, I like most of their songs. But you should only listen to it with german lyrics, it's just not the same in english.
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

If you dont speak german rammstein is awesome, lyrics sound really "weird" but when you dont know what they are saying it sounds reallyd ark and demonic :P
Wolfheart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfheart »

I first knew about Rammstein when they gave the song "Heirate mich" for the lost highway soundtrack... the moment I heard it I ran to the store and got the "Herzeleid" album... man, that was the best thing I heard in a lot of time!!! later I purchased "Sehnsucht" and got even more astonished.

I remember seeing them live, and when in the first song the singer lit himself on fire the crowd just got NUTS!!! I say it was if not the better , one of the best shows I've been at, their performance of the songs was great and the whole show they gave was simply AWESOME.

You know... there are not much metal-headbanging concerts where you get nearly fired at with a flamethrower, the singer hits his head with the microphone until it bleeds, the keyboard player takes a trip on the crowd in top of a zodiac, the whole stage is set on fire...

Overall... Intensity, more intensity, and then some.

I think they are between the biggest metal bands nowadays... the only shame is that their last 2 albums, "Mutter" , and "Reise, reise" are not as good as these 2 first blockbusters.
MoWGLi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MoWGLi »

You guys do know Rammstien is gay right? No seriously, i went to a show of theirs because i had nothign better to do, i watched with my own eyes the lead singer bend a guy over and un zip his pants. He then preceeded to play with himself till he busted on the guys back..... i left immediatly.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

MoWGLi wrote:You guys do know Rammstien is gay right? No seriously, i went to a show of theirs because i had nothign better to do, i watched with my own eyes the lead singer bend a guy over and un zip his pants. He then preceeded to play with himself till he busted on the guys back..... i left immediatly.
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm glad that you left . . .

Damn freaky German people.
xXRagsXx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xXRagsXx »

Rammstein are good. Dont understand them but the guy has a really distinctive voice and their videos are pretty good
Wolfheart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfheart »

Yes, some of their songs or performances make gay references... so what? IMO if their music is cool they can do whatever they want... when I saw them live they also made that flick when the singer "bent" the keyboard player with a fake penis, and then started "cumming" water on the crowd from a hose concealed within his pants... as bizarre as it may sound it was quite fun to see (he looked like a firebreaker).

I do not know If they are gay themselves, nor do I care about it... bet you wouldn't have run away so fast if it was an all-girl band and they had started going down on each other huh?
sic
Drift King
Drift King

Post by sic »

MUTTER :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Wolfheart wrote:I do not know If they are gay themselves, nor do I care about it... bet you wouldn't have run away so fast if it was an all-girl band and they had started going down on each other huh?
Well that's completely different . . .

and I'm sure that they wouldn't be cumming on each other. :lol:

and maybe we should stop talking about this now . . . it's getting a bit 'inappropriate'.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Wolfheart wrote:bet you wouldn't have run away so fast if it was an all-girl band and they had started going down on each other huh?
There is actually a group like that ... called Rockb*tch :P I've got a couple of live videos by them, and I got a feeling you've got to be at least 18 years old to enter one of their concerts... :P
Wolfheart wrote:Yes, some of their songs or performances make gay references... so what? IMO if their music is cool they can do whatever they want... when I saw them live they also made that flick when the singer "bent" the keyboard player with a fake penis, and then started "cumming" water on the crowd from a hose concealed within his pants... as bizarre as it may sound it was quite fun to see (he looked like a firebreaker).
I've got that on a video as well (Bück Dich) :P I got kinda confused at first, but when I thought about it, it was actually kinda cool... :lol:
MoWGLi wrote:You guys do know Rammstien is gay right? No seriously, i went to a show of theirs because i had nothign better to do, i watched with my own eyes the lead singer bend a guy over and un zip his pants. He then preceeded to play with himself till he busted on the guys back..... i left immediatly.
Rammstein live is all about show. If you can't handle a serious stage show, you shouldn't have been there at all.... They're kinda famous for what they do on stage :P And if you've seen any of the music videos (like Mein Teil) you shouldn't have been that surprised. I wouldn't have cared what they did up there anyway. Their music rocks, and I still want to be on a Rammstein concert once. Too bad I couldn't afford to go when they were in Norway a few weeks ago... :(
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Does this Rammstein band sing English songs..??
I don't really care if the band is all g*y..
Well, Elton John is g*y.. but his songs are all very nice.. :roll:
Wolfheart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfheart »

Well... from what I recall they only have one song in english... the cover they made of "stripped" by depeche mode.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

They've made English versions of "Du Hast" and "Amerika" as well...
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

and engel

Return to “General Discussion”