BMW's 325i OR M3???

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Burnoutz
Ricer
Ricer

BMW's 325i OR M3???

Post by Burnoutz »

OK i want this post to have pics or links to done up 325's or M3's they are my most fav car in da world...........den lancer plz post any pics or sites here :D
drive2droad
Ricer
Ricer

Post by drive2droad »

if i find any i will post 4 sure ! why dont u check out those euro mags must be having some pics of the beemer !
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Ill try and find the chrome E46 M3 for you.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

what bm version ? ? i hate E36 M3, therer no diferent from standard E36, and the E46 only has a wheel spacing (enpatement ) thatt changes.
for me the M3 E30 is the only REAL M3 ! oh , but , yeah, it was the first one built ; and was built for racing pruposes not commercial benefits.

ps; i have a 325i E30 that outruns a m3 E30 now ; came shaft; eprom; exhaust sys; gearbox and trany changed, and 195ps and 26mkg on the dyno.
and the day i find the correct base for my M3 E30 , the 3L engine ( yeah the M 3L lol ) is allready waiting.
the only prob of the M3 is the bloody 4cyl engine....

http://www.powerpage.dk/bmw/bmw.htm

the complete M3 E30 story :
http://www.bmwpower.cz/magazin/m3e30.htm

Burnoutz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burnoutz »

its ok but i like da new beemers (not reeli new :? ) like da M3's and the 325's
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Isn't the M3 and 325 like the same thing, except that the M3 is better?

BTW I'm a big BMW fan. I hate Mercs.
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

do you even know the bloody modele name?

Image M3 E30 with 3L2 turbo :D my fav.

Imageconvertible , kick ass car....m3 e30

e36 M3 3L2

Image M3 E46

Image the Hammam M3 E46.
Last edited by gregmtech on 04 Dec 2004, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

That E36 isnt an M3. M3s were 2 doors, and had a number of subtle cosmetic changes over the non-m3 (including clear indicators on the later models, wing mirrors, and low rise spoiler). The main differences were on the inside, and the engine. That E36 there is a non M3 badged up with M-tech emblems.

The E46 M3 also had a number of cosmetic changes over the other E46s, including flared arches (not as extreme as on the E30), and an M-tech badge on the front wing. There was also the CSL (which you have pictured there) which came with more power and a carbon front lip.
Burnoutz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burnoutz »

Has any one seen the movie 2Fast2Real For Hollywood very nice burnout movie and it has a very nice M3 in it!!
Its onli stock but it wrecks some car i cant rememer :oops:
check out http://www.2fast2real.com its the sitte for it!
Attachments
BMW M3.jpg
(62.22 KiB) Downloaded 6107 times
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:That E36 isnt an M3. M3s were 2 doors, and had a number of subtle cosmetic changes over the non-m3 (including clear indicators on the later models, wing mirrors, and low rise spoiler). The main differences were on the inside, and the engine. That E36 there is a non M3 badged up with M-tech emblems.

The E46 M3 also had a number of cosmetic changes over the other E46s, including flared arches (not as extreme as on the E30), and an M-tech badge on the front wing. There was also the CSL (which you have pictured there) which came with more power and a carbon front lip.

sorry mate, don't know where u live , maybe you've never seen a 4 door M3 3L2 ; but this IS a REAL M3 3L2 !

did yopu even think about checking where thee pics where linked from ? sorry again , but don't talk about thing your not sure of 8)

+ the clear rear indicators are not stock ! only the 3L2 had white signal light at the back and not the 3L .

a , by the way , isn't it weird that the color of the engine bay is the same as the M3 4 doors ?

specs :

BMW M3 E36 (1992-Present)
Please note that information in this page may look inaccurate due to different production specifications destined for different couutries.
Body: E36 Two door coupe
E36 Four door sedan
E36 Two door convertible (not available in the US)

Wheelbase: 106.7 in
Track(F/R): 56.0/56.6 in
Length: 174.5 in
Width: 67.3 in
Height: 52.6 in

Engine: 2990cc six-cylinder DOHC
4 Valves/Cylinder
Inline 6
Water Cooled
Variable vale Timing
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Injection: Bosch Motronic M3.3 engine management system (Siemens DME MS 41.2 with knock control -- US '97 Version)
Horsepower: 240bhp @ 6000rpm (US and Canada)
286bhp @ 7000rpm
Torque: 236lb ft @ 3800rpm (US and Canada)
231lb ft @ 3600rpm
Gearbox: ZF C Five-speed manual
Five-speed automatic (optional)
Five-speed sequential (not available in the US)
Top: 1.00
4th: 1.24
3rd: 1.66
2nd: 2.49
1st: 4.20
Final drive: 3.23

Front Wheels/Tires: M-Motorsport 17x8, Michelin Pilot MXX3 235/40ZR17
Rear Wheels/Tires: M-Motorsport 17x8, Michelin Pilot MXX3 235/40ZR17
Brakes: Ventilated discs front, ventilated rear
ABS
Front suspension: Macpherson struts, arc-shaped lower arms, coil springs, twin-tube gas-pressure shock absorbers, anti-roll bar, M calibration
Rear suspension: Multi-link system with Central Links, upper and lower lateral arms, coil springs, twin-tube gas-pressure shock absorbers, anti-roll bar, BMW M sports suspension system
Steering: Rack and pinion, engine speed-sensitive variable power assist and variable rate
Performance: 0-60mph in 5.7s (US)
Maximum speed: 137mph (US, governed) 156mph (governed)
Total made: N/A

and if that is not a M3 3L2 i don't know what it is ... just the color says 3L2 !! avus bleu was stock to 3L2 only

And now if you really want to be precise , the E46 not only has a few exterior mods but it also has a totally diffenret wheel base and diffenrent drives train distances , i forget the name; but it isn't possible to get a E46 to look as M3 as it was to get a 325i E36 to look like a M3.

and you forgot , that the carbon lips are the only thing you can see to this pics, but if you'd allready seen it, you'd know that the lips , hood, roof, inside door panels , trunk, rear bumper defletor ; and some other inside parts are carbon , not just the small lips that would just be saying that people reeally think that just the carbon lips are enough to make the diff with a M3 E46 non csl .
and while were at it , thats no bloodu standard M3 CSL , its a schnitzer !
This is the BMW M3 CSL concept, as launched at the 2001 Frankfurt Motorshow. The CSL is a concept based on the M3 road car but due to the excessive use of exotic materials like carbon fibre the CSL is 200 kilograms lighter than its production counterpart. The output of the straight six cylinder engine has been increased to over 350bhp. Both weight saved and increased horsepower have led to a power to weight ratio of 3.5 kg/bhp compared to the 4.36 kg/bhp of the production car. The CSL is further equipped with 19 inch wheels fitted with F1 type grooved slick tires and 18 inch lightweight brakes.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.ph ... carnum=927

so if youre able to do a substraction, that give you only 7ps extra from the E46...really nothing, the weight does it all ....

ps: u are right about the spoiler , but that is only in GB as i read your location :wink: but on the continent , no M3 came out this way , and every time i comme to GB i just have to rtake pics cause the french say that it doesn't exist that way , so the real prob is that its like the E30 320is , depending on contries it doesn't existe, but they do....
Last edited by gregmtech on 04 Dec 2004, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Well, Im from the UK. Over here, there is no 4 door M3, we only have the 2 door version. In fact, until now, Id never even heard of a 4 door m3.

Oh, and the white indicators were stock on the later M3s. ;)
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Well, Im from the UK. Over here, there is no 4 door M3, we only have the 2 door version. In fact, until now, Id never even heard of a 4 door m3.

Oh, and the white indicators were stock on the later M3s. ;)

i understand , no prob, sorry your so far of , but if you decied to go to the king of europe drag stuff, you 'll the cahnce to see a good lot of M3 of all styles :;)

if you ever come to paris , send a pm , and i'll get to show you all the ones i know ( most of havn't got stock engines ... )

for the rear indicators probably yeeah , i'll stil check that out , cause you did get me on that one ..

so just for the eyes , a few pix of some freinds m3's

the only one i know with the uk wing, and he got it from germany.

ps ; you could have saud the E30 with the turbo is fake and is a coupe E30 with wide wings ; but maybe you hadn't seen that the rear windows hadn't the extra part on the roof.... :wink:

i'm a real pain when i start :roll: lol

:wink:
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Well in the middle of next year sometime, me and a few friends are having a trip to the Nurburgring via france so I may just drop you a line. :)

Nice pics too, I have a friend with an M3 evo which looks exactly the same as the (estorial I think is the name) blue one at the top.
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

you woudn't be going to the ring , with thre guys from E30zone ? cause i'm planing on going up thhere to :;)

'im also going to come up with a few freinds for a RWYB at santa pod session , so i'll leave a PM whene that organised cause we do have some good cars event if they can't compete with most of what my friends and others are going to use on the belgium 400m for king of europe.

and yeah, the 3L2 was called evo :) the last bleu one is an esttoril yeah :;) and not only iits clean but the thing rocks more than most 3L2 we know....
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Here are some of belgian's best beemers :)

E36

E46

a chrome E46 M3 (from SEMA 2004)

Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Actually I might be going with the 200sx owners club plus a few friends Ive grown up with.

I might see you at Santa Pod though :D

By the way, theres the chrome M3 I was looking for, nice work. :)
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Everything from the blue one up is a rice mobile ...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Yes, and then? Are we going to cry now? No, not really. Those are showcars my friend. Basically, every rice part is something to make the car look good.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Actually I am ... :(

I think the grayish-green one at the top and the orange one look very weird ... Not even like a BMW at all from from any view other than the front) ...
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

First 3 are rice, and the last one is . . . . . well . . . . . different.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

From the front, the chrome one kind of reminds me of the Terminator ...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

master m wrote:Here are some of belgian's best beemers :)
with all respect but those the first few Belgian BMW's are FUGLY....

showcar or no showcar....
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Yup. Those are indeed ugly, but they are special in their own way.

A showcar has to look good. Or it wouldn't be one. :P
Burnoutz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burnoutz »

true they are all ricers except the blue one thats got some style but the rest look to overdone to be a BMW
JD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by JD »

Hey Burnoutz, nice avatar ;)

Return to “The Cars”