New Here. Pictures of my ride: 96' Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

New Here. Pictures of my ride: 96' Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

I have been playing NFS:U since it came out. I have now started to play NFS:U2. I was never really into the game. But now I have came here to learn more and become another member of some good boards. I am currently on other DSM boards and Street Racing boards.

Well this is my car. It is a 1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd. I just bought this car bone stock and this is what I have completed so far. In stock form I have ran a 14.8@90mph.

Engine Mods:
Brode Upper Intercooler Pipe
Greddy Type-S BOV
Halman Manual Boost Controller @ 15lbs
K&N Filter
All Free Mods Done

Interior:
AutoMeter 0-30 Ultra Lite Boost Gauge
HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer
Pioneer Cd Player
Reverse IndiGlow Gauges

Exterior:
18" Speedy L-7 Rims in Gun Metal with Pollished Lip
Custom Black Housing Head Lights
Silvania SilverStar Bulbs

For you car nuts most of you guys will know what I am talking about. I have been into DSM's for about 4 years. And I have owned 5 others.

For some reason my Image Host is messed up. I will load more pictures up when their server is working properly.
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

Some more.
Attachments
IMAG1094 x 512.jpg
(39.54 KiB) Downloaded 4858 times
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

More
Attachments
IMAG1101 x 512.jpg
(33.73 KiB) Downloaded 4857 times
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

I really like the first pic, with the snow :D
btw, what are your next planned mod, if you have thinked about?
wanna keep it sleeper or some body mods are arriving? :D
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

ViperJay wrote:I really like the first pic, with the snow :D
btw, what are your next planned mod, if you have thinked about?
wanna keep it sleeper or some body mods are arriving? :D
My next mods will be pretty extensive: This is what I have laying around waiting to be installed:

Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Apex-i AFC II
3" Apex-i Down Pipe
3" o2 Housing with Dump

I am still shopping around for a full 3" Turbo Back Exhaust. I am saving up some more cash for a AGP RS49 Turbo. Basically a 50 Trim. Along with that I am going to get a Slow Boy Racing 2G Front Mount Intercooler. RC Engineering 660cc Injectors. That is basically all I need to get myself into the mid to low 12's 1/4 mile with this setup on pump gas.

There is some other small things needed also. Body wise I am just going to upgrade to a 97-98 Talon Front Bumper to house that huge Front Mount I am getting. VIS OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hood. Carbon Fiber OEM Spoiler. Possibly a new rim/tire setup. That is about it all I can think off of the top of my head. I know there is alot more body things I want to do.

Thanks for the compliment. And I am going for a nice looking sleeper setup. Something that looks nice and clean but not to "fancy" to give it all away. But when people see the huge front mount....they know I am talking bussiness :twisted:
13SecPaceCar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 13SecPaceCar »

what's she run for the 1/4?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

In stock form I have ran a 14.8@90mph.

Nice car, I don't like the back end though. Is it similiar to the Eclipse?
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

is it similar to the eclipse... lol.... DSM car ^_^

Nice talon, i was debating getting one instead of my 'stang, for the killer launches you get in them with the AWD.

Your certainly attacking the problem the way you should be, that car needs more power to go faster, especially judging by your low trap speed.

Whats the stock bottom end in those cars capable of? (power wise)

how about the transmission for torque? you might have to change that with the new turbocharger, seeing as force fed cars amp up the torque along with the power, its alot easier to overload your drivetrain. you might look at a clutch upgrade too, but that would be with the new tranny heh
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I've never seen it before in real life... so.. :P I was told it was just a Eclipse in another skin.
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

essentially yes, they share something like 80% of internals and stuff, if you ever hear of a "DSM" car, (its a dallas factory thats shut down now i beleive) its referring to the cars that were made there, AWD eclipses, talons, etc. Fairly unique breed.
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

It is very similar to the Eclipse. I can completly convert my car into an Eclipse. All 2G's from 95-96 are interchangable. Same with 97-99 Eclipse and 97-98 Talons.

The stock bottom end can handle over 400hp.

I forgot to add the tranny/clutch part. I am going with a ACT 2600 Clutch Set. And a Fidenza Flywheel. The stock tranny's actually can handle up to 400hp. But most of the time people just go ahead and rebuild them and beef them up.

And for the Dallas factory...Not true. To be technical the only DSM's that were actually DSM's were built in the Normal Illonois Plant from years 1989 to late 1993. The joint branch was Diamond Star Motors from Dodge/Daimler Chrysler since they bought over Mitsu back then. They made up the DSM name and branch to be built. Then they cancled every thing and shut down in late 93.

The only thing that the 2G Eclipes and Talons relate to "DSM" is the very potential and very well designed 4G63T. Also the Transfer Case and Rear end are Mitsu also.

I can go on and on about the History and specs on DSM's. But that can be for another time :lol:
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

Here are some more pictures 8)

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

what does DSM stand for then... cause that is the thing I don't know
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

TheStig wrote:what does DSM stand for then... cause that is the thing I don't know
Diamond Star Motors
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

sounds logical :D tnx
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

If you like to read and want to know more about DSM's.

Here:

What exactly is a DSM?
Technically, a DSM is a car built by Diamond Star Motors, a joint venture between Mitsubishi and Chrysler. More details about DSM are here.

What happened to DSM?
What happened to Eagle?

Diamond-Star Motors was officially dissolved in 1993 after the design and production tooling for the 1994 and 1995 cars was complete. Mitsubishi Motors continues to operate the plant formerly responsible for DSM cars under sole ownership.

The "Eagle" brand name was originally created as a method of integrating AMC dealerships and products into Chrysler. It continued for some time as a marque, much as General Motors now continues to market under several brand names. It was eventually discontinued as Chrysler sought to improve their business operations

What is a 1G?
What is a 2G?
What is a 3G?
What is a Y2K Eclipse?

These terms are acronyms for the 'generation' of car. 1Gs (first generation) were built in the model years 1990-1994, 2Gs in 1995-1999, and 3Gs in the year 2000 onward. The Y2K Eclipse is the year 2000 Eclipse

Are 2Gs (second generation, 1995+ cars) really DSMs?
[Note: this information applies only to the definition of a 'DSM' as used for the purposes of the Talon Digest, and does not reflect the personal opinion of any individual.]

2G cars are considered DSMs because they are direct descendants of the original DSM cars. Although they were technically not built by Diamond Star Motors, their connection to the original line is unmistakable, as they share the name, trim levels and original intention of the 1G cars.

Also, some early 95 cars have DSM labeling on them, leading many to believe that all 2Gs were built by Diamond Star Motors. This is not the case, as Diamond Star Motors officially ceased to exist in mid-1993, when Chrysler sold off all of its Mitsubishi holdings, technically making the 1994 cars the last of the DSMs. This type of hair-splitting is not important for Club purposes, however, and the Club has decided that 2Gers have as much right to be included as earlier owners.

The Galant VR-4 is something of an oddity in the club, but the VR-4 shares many important components with the 1G cars, including the unusual AWD drivetrain. It can be argued that the Galant VR-4 is the "parent" of all DSMs: the original concept for the DSM in North America was a four-door. Also the VR-4 platform was originally concieved to be Mitsubishi's entry into the rally racing circuit before DSM existed.

A similar situation exists with the 2G Spyder convertible, but it's connection with the other 2G cars is unmistakable. Thus the Spyder and VR4 are included in the scope of the Talon Digest.

That is just a little run down on the most asked DSM info. Hope this helps everyone.
If you guys need anymore info or have any other questions feel free to ask.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Nice car. I like the nice clean shape it has. It's got nice rims too.

But couldn't you find a better place to put the boost gauge?
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

i asked for torque on the tranny ... lol, horsepower isnt really what "Breaks" a transmission. I hear the synchros on them are pretty much garbage and need to be beefed up though, even stock you can eat them alive due to all the traction.
MoWGLi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MoWGLi »

Haha, a 2G, dont get crankwalk!!! But you should seriously think about pulling that crap 7 bolt and dropping in a 6 bolt. I know a couple people who have in my DSM crew (CCDSM represent!).
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

MoWGLi wrote:Haha, a 2G, dont get crankwalk!!! But you should seriously think about pulling that crap 7 bolt and dropping in a 6 bolt. I know a couple people who have in my DSM crew (CCDSM represent!).
Yeah. Buying a 2G has caused me some concerns about CW. But it doesn't bother me that much. I have owned all 1G's before this one. If it does CW. I am going to go with a 2.4 Strocker baby :twisted:

I have a friend with a 98 Eclipse GSX with a 6-bolt swap and a 20G. Runs 11.90's.
MoWGLi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MoWGLi »

What do you plan on using for that? A 4GCS crank? That would give you 100mm of stroke, but then you would have to bore the block to 87mm. But then the stock 4GCS pistons have close to 9.1:1 compression ratio. I hope you dont plan to run high boost, or you have a lot of work ahead of you.
2gTSiAWD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 2gTSiAWD »

Lol...I don't plan on going the 2.4 yet. That would be if some major engine problems accur.

I want to get into the mid 12's with simple and minor bolt on's.

-Turbo: 50 Trim or comparable AGP RS49
-Slow Boy Racing FMIC or Greddy with all new IC piping
-Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
-660cc or 720cc RC or Denso Injectors
-New ignition setup
-ACT 2600 Clutch
-3" Apexi Down Pipe....Bought today
-3" o2 Sensor Housing
-3" RnR or Bushur Turbo Back
-Either Port my stock 2G Exhuast Manifold or a DN Performance Tubular Manifold
-B&M Short Throw Shifter
- Some logging software. Going to use Palm
-Fuel Controller will be a Apexi AFC
-Magnus Sheet Metal Intake Manifold
-And of course all gauges......EGT, Air Fuel, etc....

That is all my "bolt on" mods I have already planed out and have written off on paper and already checking some off of the list. After all this I am going to dig deep into the engine and go internals.....

-Pistons
-HKS 272's
-Rods
-Head Studs
-Porting, blue print and balance

Damn....You think I am in over my head.......Heck no!.......
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatblacksleeper »

Nice car, i was trying to get a 95 AWD TSI but no luck, the girl sold it :cry:

Quick question, never heard of it before, what exactly is a "6 bolt" "7 botl" if you guys can answer thanks.
MoWGLi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MoWGLi »

Just recently picked up a S-AFC2, i cant complain, alot easier than Emanage if you upgrade your car alot. A lot less of a pain in the ass. I got tired of allways breaking out the laptop.
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatblacksleeper »

Sorry to say it again....but can anyone anser my question above...please, i am thristing for knowledge

Return to “The Cars”