Hatchback Challenge

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Hatchback Challenge

Post by Tyrant »

Is it legal to take a car from your garage into the challenge, or do I have to tune a whole new car?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't see a rule that you are not allowed to use a car from your garage... but you get a change that it is recognized... :roll:
but you have to make it so that your name is not seen... you better make a new screenshot of the car, cause only slightly edited pictures are allowed and no name etc.. :wink:

but if you have a great car already in your opinion... use it
SunnyGTiR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SunnyGTiR »

sweet its full already, it only took what 4 hours?. this limited slot thing sucks, i got better things to do on a sat. afternoon then, to have to be glued to my comp, to find out the next challenge and rush in a car. :(
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

well its not anybodys fault that you didnt make it into the challenge, plan ahead of time i guess. :)
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

It wasn't filled in 4 hours.
btw, there was enough time to enter the challenge since it was in the upcomming-section since Friday :)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Damn, yesterday I tried to enter my car, but I got an error: Competetion don't exist. Now it's full! Argh!
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

master m wrote:It wasn't filled in 4 hours.
btw, there was enough time to enter the challenge since it was in the upcomming-section since Friday :)
No, not 4 hours, but 24 hours... Which is too fast imo. So I wouldn't say there was a lot of time, especially not for those who didn't visit the site on Friday/Saturday...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Maybe the details of the challenge should be shown for a week or somat, before people can start entering. Therefore people will have a longer time to prepare thier cars, and can enter it straight away on friday or saturday.

I had to rush my car in the last minute, because i work all day on saturdays, and don't have much time in the evening cause i'm so tired from work.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Sir Ibi wrote:Maybe the details of the challenge should be shown for a week or somat, before people can start entering. Therefore people will have a longer time to prepare thier cars, and can enter it straight away on friday or saturday..
I was thinking about the same thing.
It would be better if it was upcoming for more than just 1 day. :idea: :idea:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I want to... but the script in the challenge doesn't allow it... when I create a challenge... as soon as I am finished... it starts accepting challenges... (As far as I know
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Well instead of trying to creat the challenge just post the deatils of the challenge, for a couple of days, then on friday night just create the challenge then, woudn't that work???
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I could make a topic about it...
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

it's better that the people don't have something special to prepare imo. so all depends about luck. and it's more of an adrenalin rush :P
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

jemc, true...but since the challenge opens at midnight....I sure am not about to stay up all night building a car. Depends on time zone naturally.

A forum topic a day or two before the opening could work.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

But tell me, what the hell meant the error: Competion doenst excist means exactly? Thanks to that I couldn't enter the awesome challenge with my awesome Focus..:( :( :(
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

@ vellu. you're from Finland i see...so that's like GMT or GMT+1. but i must remind you that not many people build cars over the night. i wake up, go to the site, check the new challenge, i decide i'll go in, i make the car for an hour or so, some photoshop work and i'm done. it's simple as that. and when i send my cars in there are only 2 or 3 spots taken...
@ Tyrant: as far as i know there were some problems with the scripts. TheStig did his best to make it work
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

not everyone has it that easy. I'm from england so my timezone is GMT, but i can't spend two or three hours making my car, cause i gotta work on saturday. I work all day, i come home there maybe 4,5 spots remaining, if i'm lucky. I was also unable to enter the replica challenge, cause i couldn't spend much time looking for a good replica car...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Gmt+2 actually, not sure what the timezone of the site is though. I generally work a few hours total on a car...depending on if I'm inspired or not...sometimes you find the right combinations quickly, sometimes nothing works.

So whether I would make the cut for a challenge (which for the hatch challenge was at saturday evening) depends greatly on if I have time on saturday, and if I get a good idea. If there was more time (two-three days maybe) it would be easier to find the time and time enough for really think on the design.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

that's why it's called a challenge isn't it? ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

to make it more accepteble I will start the challenge later on in the day... somewhere saturday evening...

that fits better from now on??
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

announced in the morning and opened in the evening? that would be cool
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well I will announce it saturday moring/afternoon and I will open it saturday evening!

it will announce it in the News section!
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

okay. sounds good ;)

Return to “The Showroom”