Problem with downloaded cars

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Amit

Problem with downloaded cars

Post by Amit »

Hi
I am new to this website, I went through the cars listed on this site and donwloaded one scorpion gtr.
Now the problem: I have two OS, Win ME and Win XP, I have porsche in both the windows directory, since I installed in XP the path of my porsche is D:\porsche\porsche.exe , Now when I ran the setup file with the downloaded car it installed in c:\porsche directory, I went through the manual and did it on my own in the d:\porsche .
Now when I run the game, there is one more player, Red Heat, the car is available with this new player only(player added due to car installation) , the problem is that if I goto multiple player and try to play in LAN it gives an error saying that I need to download this car, and when I try to play in single player the game exits out to windows....
I need help, hope anyone can provide me .... :o

ciao
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Some file might have gotten missing in the meanwhile. Reinstall it.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

The new player that has appeared due to installation is sth normal..You must have added a .sav file..This file is a savegame made by the person who made the car too.If he hadn't made a savegame you would have to overwrite an already existing car of yours in order to use the new one..
PS : There are some tools that alow you to move cars from one .sav file to another..I'm not using my pc right now so i can't tell you surely which tools but if you look here you will find it..Maybe it's simedit..
PS2 : Read carefully the readme that comes with the car....Make sure you install every file in the right folder..
Amit

the problem still persists

Post by Amit »

I tried reinstalling it manually, there are several files, copying each files in the folder for which it was mentioned...
the problem still persists, when I play the game with this new username, I can see the car in the garage and do the settings, but I cant play the game on multiplayer on LAN as it asks me to download the car and single player same problem, it exits out...

I downloaded the file given on this website ...
did anyone else faced the same problem..
How to change settings of installable file so that it asks me for the path ??
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I don't think you can change the path...You can do it manually.It's the same thing.. :wink: I'll download the car now and see if it gives me the same problem..
Amit

Post by Amit »

Thanks for that, and please do let me know, I am eager to hear your response ........................
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I downloaded the car and tried to install it but you are right.It gives me the same probs...I tried to see what's wrong with the files but almost every file had an error..The sim file was not correct..The crp file had some wrong set fsh files.etc,etc.It's impossible to work in my opinion...You could contact with the person that made it and tell him your probs.Maybe he could help you... :wink:
Amit

Post by Amit »

hey thanks for that, I was thinking as if there is some serious problem with my pc or I am poor in computers....
But whom to contact, I downloaded the car from this site, isnt there any verification as to whether the files are running...???
can u let me know as to which sites gives cars for Porsche , which are working, it seems you have quite a knowledge about it all...

:)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I downloaded it some time ago, and it worked for me. Maybe the file in the web got corrupt.
kathy

Post by kathy »

I am also facing same problem, can u upload the file which you have on this forun, I think one can attach files

----------------------------------------------------
Falling in Love is never appreciated, AS "U FALL"
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

The problem is that I have Dial-Up, and it would take me too long to upload It. Send a PM to bobyx and ask him if he has the file.
Amit

Post by Amit »

Are there any other sites from where I can get this car, I wanna play with this car, it says to have speed of 391kph, canu tell me any other sites from where I can download cars, which run
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

As I wrote in an email to you...
The car's archive is not corrupted and is exactly the same as on any other NFS website. And files on the web don't get corrupted as no app is writing in them.

BTW did you try installing the car on other comps in the LAN?
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

To ensure that we are all talking about the same car and not a different one, i'm talking about this car...This is the one i downloaded..
Ok..Maybe Koffy you have downloaded it from another site and it could be a totally different car..
This one is corrupt..
First of all the sim file when opened with the fileeditor tool gives an error and says that this is not an original nfs 5 file and is not correctly set..But when i open it with sim edit tool seems to have no problem..
The crp file when exported with NfsPUtexture tool has two or three fsh files(don't remember very well) corrupted.When i tried to export one of them with fsh tool it said : "SHPI 27 objects, tag GIMX
No global palette.
'det2' [7B] -> '0000.BMP' (96x26) 8 bit (local palette)
(attached: palette)
'dec%20' [7D] -> '0001.BMP' (16x16) (alpha: 0001-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
'dec2' [7D] -> '0002.BMP' (16x16) (alpha: 0002-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
'fro%20' [7D] -> '0003.BMP' (64x64) (alpha: 0003-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
(attached: data)
'hand' [7D] -> '0004.BMP' (32x16) (alpha: 0004-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
'rea%20' [7D] -> '0005.BMP' (64x64) (alpha: 0005-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
(attached: dataAttached data too large !

Unsuccessful termination. See README.TXT for more details.
Press Enter to exit."

After that i didn't look any further..It was obvious that the car had probs..
@Amit: When i said to contact the person who made the car i meant to e-mail him to the mail given in the readme file to ask his advice... :wink:

About the demand for other sites for car dls look here.In the bottom right side you will find a tab named "affiliates"..Check them out...
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Nitro wrote:'dec%20' [7D] -> '0001.BMP' (16x16) (alpha: 0001-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
'dec2' [7D] -> '0002.BMP' (16x16) (alpha: 0002-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
'fro%20' [7D] -> '0003.BMP' (64x64) (alpha: 0003-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
(attached: data)
'hand' [7D] -> '0004.BMP' (32x16) (alpha: 0004-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
'rea%20' [7D] -> '0005.BMP' (64x64) (alpha: 0005-a.BMP) 32 bit (8:8:8:8)
Oops.. :oops: The smilies that appear in the end of the previous lines i have written were supposed to be: "8" and after that the ")".But when they are together they make this 8) smiley... :lol:
Amit

Post by Amit »

Hey Thanks for all this help, Nitro...
I am going to other sites for some quick cars...I had great expectations from this site and now I am goin to to other sites, but meanwhile I am also going to mail the creator of the car and tell him about this problem and will return to forum again...
ciao
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

@Nitro: I'm sure I downloaded it from here, cause I don't download NFS5 cars from any other site. :wink:
Amit

Post by Amit »

I too downloaded from this site and redownloaded and tried to download this same car from this same person from other sites such as nfscars.net but the file had some errors....
how come the files run on your pc while fail on mine and nitros pc ?? I wonder....
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Maybe is something with the game. I know there is Need For Speed Porche Unlimited and Need For Speed Porche 2000. (It is basically the same game I think.)

I have the first one, which do you both have?
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I have porsche unleashed too...But i have porsche 2000 for PS -if i remember well- and they are totally different..Don't know if that's because of the PS and PC versions are different or because NFS PU and Porsche 2000 are different.. :?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

No, PC and PS are differant. (PS ver really sucks)
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I agree...It's not as good as the PC ver.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

It looks crappy, handles crappy and it has no parts upgrades.
Amit

Post by Amit »

I have Porsche 2k and pc version ..
Hey I got the car which made me started on this forum from other site and I tried uploading it on this forum but could not do so, can anyone tell me anyother way to make this file available to you all...
and moreover this file is working and I played the game, though at someone elses name, but while playing the game, it is a bit slower with this car...
let me know how can I make this car available to you all...
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

You can upload your car here.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”