The Sony PSP!!!!!!!!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
whatthesht
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

The Sony PSP!!!!!!!!

Post by whatthesht »

This topic is just about the Sony PSP.

yo i cant wait till the new Sony PSP(PlaystationPortable) comes out. i heard its coming out in March 24 or something. the on ly thing that sucks about it is that it is gonna be about $250

some of the games that are coming out for it are, Midnightclub3, NFS UndergroundRivals, GrandTheftAuto, and many more..
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

HA! We got a chance to 'test' the new PSP at uni yesterday. Analysing the features, playability, the games, etc. Man they are amazing, with that pretty large screen (well for a portable games console anyway). Next we'll be 'testing' the Nintendo DS. My course at uni is sooo awsome.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

wow..that musta been cool...testin the PSP...cant wait4 it2 come out... :lol:

how did u git2 test it?? testing the Nintendo DS...well, therez nuttin2 test since it already came out, but.....hey, ifu git2 test game consoles and stuff, i think ill enroll in ur university.....but im only 13, so....heheh
whatthesht
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by whatthesht »

yeah well my friend could get it for free up in the Bronx. but anyway, it mustve been awesome! where did u get to test it again? do u no how much its gonna actually be?
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

If you 'torque' the PSP hard enough it'l spit its disc out. Reports of multiple dead pixels abound with it, and you need a total of 3-4 to actually get warranty coverage (nintendo has a zero-tolerance policy with the DS). Also, as more problems get sifted out of the thing, Sony just keeps saying the same thing -

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24 ... 16985.html
"I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."
It was doomed to begin with. It's a console solution to a handheld problem. It'l burn like a crippled Gamegear.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Yep, Nintendo are the masters at handheld gaming, and will stay that way for a looooooong time :wink:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Who cares Nintendo rules at handheld gaming? I'm getting this thing. :P
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

PSZeTa wrote:Who cares Nintendo rules at handheld gaming? I'm getting this thing. :P
If that makes sense, then I don't know what doesn't :?
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Yep the gameboy sure did keep Nintendo alive, expecially with thier unsuccessful Nintendo 64.
whatthesht
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by whatthesht »

Does anybody no the actual date its coming out?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Sir Ibi wrote:Yep the gameboy sure did keep Nintendo alive, expecially with thier unsuccessful Nintendo 64.
I didn't realise that the N64 was unsuccessful . . . I had one and I loved it :D

@whatthesht: Sorry I don't know . . . but I reckon that March 24 sounds about right.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I had the Nintendo 64 too, and i loved it too, but because they stuck with the cartridge back then they didn't quite beat the mighty Playstation at the time. In fact i sem to remember that Gameboy was the second most selling game console, below Playstation adn above dreamcast and the Nintendo 64. Hopefully the Nintendo DS would also do well against the PSP, but i have some doubts. Nintendo are seen has kinda cutsy and childish, and are aimed at a younger audinece, whereas the Sony PSP, is aimed at an older audience and is seen as cool and sleek, especially with that black colour. Well where just gonna have to wait and see.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i remember SNES, that was my favorite console, anyways back on topic people, the crappy thing about the psp is the price of the damn thing, 250?!?!? thats more then the actual playstation 2, and you cant play PS2 games on it!!, thats lame, if i could play GT4 on it, i wouldve gotten it, but no.... plus the games are like 50!!! i mean wtf, its a damn handheld, not a frickin PS2.... just my opinion
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

Uh.. My friend got this from japan at around ~150 pounds sterling. I have *heard* of the dead pixels too but he hasnt experianced anything like it yet. All I've played on it is Ridge Racer (lol, remeber that old game?). Though that game itself didnt have good textures, the PSP does have very good graphics. And oh its not bad for music videos either ;)
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

ya...that PSP WILL be good...but everything comes at a price, doznt it?

btw, i agree...u cant even play PS2 games on it!!! they shoulda made it PS2 compatible...after all, $250!!! :shock:

cant wait till it comes out...its gonna be awesome......and im gonna be broke... :lol: :lol:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

EmptyWords wrote:i remember SNES, that was my favorite console, anyways back on topic people, the crappy thing about the psp is the price of the damn thing, 250?!?!? thats more then the actual playstation 2, and you cant play PS2 games on it!!, thats lame, if i could play GT4 on it, i wouldve gotten it, but no.... plus the games are like 50!!! i mean wtf, its a damn handheld, not a frickin PS2.... just my opinion
Do keep in mind that the PSP is a real PS2 in pocket, so expect it to be more expensive.

+ There is a GT game coming for it.
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

Sir Ibi wrote:. Nintendo are seen has kinda cutsy and childish, and are aimed at a younger audinece, whereas the Sony PSP, is aimed at an older audience and is seen as cool and sleek, especially with that black colour. Well where just gonna have to wait and see.
The DS isnt fully attracted to younger audience they have games like the sims the urbz and a few teen rated dating games.And the DS has a IM program and other nifty things... The PSP is actually cool, my friend just moved back from japan (air force) and he has the PSP and it is so FREAKING AWESOME.. except for a few minor things...

Im still gonna buy the PSP
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

if it has GT for it ill get it once the price drops bellow 200, and i dont mean 199.99 more like 149.99
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

yea...tha will take like one year for the price to drop to 150...
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

If they don't inprove the thing i won't buy it i had a test version u can twist and turn that thing like a paper nothing can happen to it unless you are a little to strong for yourself and break the thing when you get very pissed at the game you are playing. The nintendo handheld has the same problem only the game catridge would shoot out of it into the room or your face, and break your screen aswell if you bend it to fare. In Japan they had to get every single PSP and DS back from the store's and replace them with better one's don't hope it will happen here aswell
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

is psp cartriges or some new form of little disc?
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

the disc is like a mini disc, just some type of format to get all of the info on it...
Nasadus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nasadus »

PSP uses UMD's as a storage medium.It's only 60 mm in diameter and it can store up to 1,8 GB of data.Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

With the new storage card's that are comming you can put mp3's on your psp and even compleet games if you have them patched
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Nasadus wrote:.It's only 60 mm in diameter and it can store up to 1,8 GB of data.Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Not really. It's just a cut down DVD. :roll:

Return to “The Hardware & Software”