NFSU 3?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Maverik
Stock
Stock

NFSU 3?

Post by Maverik »

does anyone know if they are going to make it. And around what time?
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

NFSU Rivals - PSP only
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

isn't NFSU Rivals a PSP NFSU1?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I hope they never make it. Go get Juiced or whatever. NFS is an exotics car racing game and should always be.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

watch over for NFS Most Wanted ;)
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

NFSU3 would be the 1st NFS I wouldn't buy...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Speed818 wrote:NFSU3 would be the 1st NFS I wouldn't buy...
Damn straight! Unless, they put in cops, damage, real visual parts, daylight and simulation driving.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

@ 2furio: that woudln't be UG anymore ;)
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

2furio wrote:Damn straight! Unless, they put in cops, damage, real visual parts, daylight and simulation driving.
Well damage, real parts and sim driving atleast...that would still be ug.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Why do you all want damage :roll:
It's a bit stupid --> you make a nice car, and then you go scratching it on the walls, or bang it in a wall laughing "meahahea!!!" :roll:
No damage. Why? Think a bit... in real life, street race, damaged car means totaled and out of rep and all
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

damage ---> reality
if damage is in the game you drive better, not slaming every wall that gets in your way. damn, i can't wait till Juiced comes out
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Erm... computer games---> reality? not...
And I don't think that is very realistic to drive 360kmph on a city highway. In nfsu2 I hit walls to often, so damage would suck for me. Juiced is different, handling is better and more realistic, which makes it easier not to slam walls
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Of course, handling would have to improve towards realistic aswell...And AI definitely, this is not demolition derby.

But true, in order for the game to remain fun, fully realistic damage is not a good idea. But atleast something should happen, if only just visual damage. This would affect earning system aswell, as it would cost money to get damage fixed. The NFSPU system worked pretty well.
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

Dragster, we just want a game that is realistic.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Dragster wrote:Why do you all want damage :roll:
Because we want realism.
Dragster wrote:It's a bit stupid --> you make a nice car, and then you go scratching it on the walls, or bang it in a wall laughing "meahahea!!!" :roll:
Then learn to drive... :P
Dragster wrote:No damage. Why? Think a bit... in real life, street race, damaged car means totaled and out of rep and all
And why shouldn't it be the same in games?
Dragster wrote:Erm... computer games---> reality? not...
It's the closest to reality most of us will ever get. In real life, I'll never be able to drive a Diablo against other racers, but in NFS, I can... And I want it to be as real as possible...
Dragster wrote:And I don't think that is very realistic to drive 360kmph on a city highway. In nfsu2 I hit walls to often, so damage would suck for me. Juiced is different, handling is better and more realistic, which makes it easier not to slam walls
Highways often go outside of the city centre, and hitting 360 kph isn't impossible if you have a seriously fast car. It's not supposed to be easy to drive in 200 kph in a city, and when you do that, you must expect to hit some walls. Or use the breaks...
vellu wrote:But true, in order for the game to remain fun, fully realistic damage is not a good idea. But atleast something should happen, if only just visual damage. This would affect earning system aswell, as it would cost money to get damage fixed. The NFSPU system worked pretty well.
100% realistic damage would be too much, I agree. But in NFSPU, the damage also had an effect on handling and power. Especially if the engine part of the car got damaged. And paying for damage is only fair. Paying for damage you've caused other drivers should also be an option imo :P And of course the other way around....
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Morty wrote:100% realistic damage would be too much, I agree. But in NFSPU, the damage also had an effect on handling and power. Especially if the engine part of the car got damaged. And paying for damage is only fair. Paying for damage you've caused other drivers should also be an option imo :P And of course the other way around....
I agree. The NFSPU damage vs payment system was pretty good. Allthough the performance loss wasn't very big (unless you really wrapped your car around a pole), which on the other hand kept the game difficulty at a tolerable level.

However, if a damage system is ever going to be a part in a tuner game (underground or otherwise) I'd like to be able to adjust it. This way everyone could find their own preferred driving style (arcade or simulation).

I know one racing game that has excellent damage system, and which is adjustable (external config file, but anyway): Mobil 1 Rally Championship (from 2000). Very realistic game over all, by the way, not for beginners. You could adjust the damage received from 0 to 100000%. At a setting of about 500-600% a collision with a tree at about 100kph usually meant instant stop to the race. 0 points, next race... As it should be if one is going for extreme realism.

100% (default setting) is pretty tolerant, and I think good for a starting setting. Allows some "excursions" off the road. I usually use 250% setting: one crash isn't enough to end the race right away, but usually is enough to mess up the car so badly you're lucky if you can finish all stages (depends of course whether you crash on the first stage or the last stage), tends to break down at finishing stages...
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

I totally agree with vellu.
However, tuning games (reffering to engine tuning) should have detailed performance damage, nitrous blows, turbo lacks, muffler systems brakedown, ECU failures etc.
Visual damage should be there only to make the game more exciting, imo.
Detailed performance parts tuning should follow all I said before. The player should adjust options like in nfsu2 (but adjusting should have its result :roll: )
Performance damage should be a priority in tuning games imo, in movies like "Biker boys", F&F movies, it often happens that clutch failes, nos blows (remember the F&F eclipse first drag race after getting nitrous?)

And damaging your car doesn't mean it's realistic. The cars in nfsu2 are acting like trains, listen to every steer you give, and how come I don't hit the rocks and trees in ex. CMR or something else? :roll: Because I try not to, I would damage the performance of my car. In nfsu2 it doesn't matter. Juiced is a bit different, but far from my wishes...
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

2furio wrote:I hope they never make it. Go get Juiced or whatever. NFS is an exotics car racing game and should always be.
Take a look at the car list for Road & Track's The Need for Speed (aka NFS1). Three of the cars they put in were Japanese. They had the Supra, RX-7, and the NSX.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

vellu wrote:The NFSPU damage vs payment system was pretty good. Allthough the performance loss wasn't very big (unless you really wrapped your car around a pole), which on the other hand kept the game difficulty at a tolerable level.
Well, if you drive directly into a building, or get hit by an AI going in 200 km/h, you can give up on winning the race... :P Imo, the difficulty was mostly based on keeping the car on the road... Especially the rear engined 911s... But you can get far with some practise :)

I also know a few games with adjustable settings...
GTA3/VC (and hopefully SA) is very open for physical customizing, so you can pretty much decide how much a car can take before it bursts into flames. Driving a 50 ton taxi in 800 kph with damage on 0% is kinda fun for a while... :P
Mercedes Benz World Racing has an option where you can adjust difficulty from 100% arcade to 100% simulation.
Toca Pro Driver also has a good damage system. During the first straight line on a DTM race, parts are flying all over the place (the AIs really want to win), and if you keep crashing hard enough, vital parts (like front wheels) might suddenly be going in a different direction than the car. And the race is lost.
Dragster wrote:tuning games (reffering to engine tuning) should have detailed performance damage, nitrous blows, turbo lacks, muffler systems brakedown, ECU failures etc.
Visual damage should be there only to make the game more exciting, imo.
I totally agree about the performance damage, but visual damage should also affect the performance. Like, if you lose the spoiler, you might experience difficulties in handling the car in corners. And if you hit a car in 150 kph, you should lose the hood, get a messed up front, and the car shouldn't be able to move faster than 100 kph after the crash (if it should be able to move at all)...
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Speed818 wrote:NFSU3 would be the 1st NFS I wouldn't buy...
Me two, there are already to much tuner games. Maybe the should make a tuning game with streetfighter tuning ( motorcycle street tuning )
paras779
Drift King
Drift King

Post by paras779 »

i think they're not gonna make nfsu3...they're making "NFSU most wanted"
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Don't doube post...? You've been here long enough, so you should know the rules by now... :roll:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Ok, don't kill him, it happened once, he won't do it again.
Back on topic
XcoldstarX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XcoldstarX »

someone shud use gt4's physics and driving engine, burnout3's crashing engine and ug's tuning but make it use real parts and this game will be perfect
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

... and the Opponent Repulsificator from Carmageddon2 would be quite handy.....

Return to “Underground 2”