Most Wanted, A let down for me.

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
MadRopes
Ricer
Ricer

Most Wanted, A let down for me.

Post by MadRopes »

Well I can really say MW has been a real let down :( . I mean, I love all the lamborghinis and stuff but no skyline? No 350? No 240? Sucks that they got rid of them. Also, modification has really been cut down. No head lights, no tail lights, no front/back/side bumpers, no Weight reduction kit, and only one vinyl allowed!!!??! this practically eliminates any sort of unique customization. I honestly think they screwed up pretty badly with this game. I mean, its fun, but I think I'll stick to U2. I think they have really turned it into a more HP2 game. All these fancy cars and stuff but none of the more street level cars that you can mod out like crazy. No GTR = Huge let down for me. I dont know about anyone else. Hardly any performance upgrades as well. I saw that some of the custom cars like the custom C6 has roll bars and light weight seats. It would be really cool if you could to that to all cars and customize inside as well as weight.

Just my 2 cents. I think this game is fun, but you cant customize as much as you used to be able to. Kind of makes it a more play and finish game instead of a game than you can always make new stuff.

Flame all you want. I had to rant.
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

I agree completely. No more replies, and there is crashing with damage but it doesnt affect the car? When I first started my career, it said my BMW GTR was leaking oil so I was really excited that they're might be some type of engine diagnostic or something like that but no - it was just a cheap EA trick into story-mode.

The drag racing is extremly a dissapointer. As I type this, I am in a high traffic drag, 2 lanes and the AI can go on the sidewalks but I can't. Again, another cheap EA trick.

The tuning and customisation of cars is gone. It's like EA threw what they had out the window. Maybe they thought it was too much for novice people to learn, but then again EA has never made a completely successful game.

Since I cannot go on the sidewalk and avoid the traffic, I can not continue to dominate the blacklist. It's not even the density of traffic that pisses me off, its the fact that the AI has a HUGE advantage here. While I'm dodging bullets, the AI is cruising on the sidewalk not hitting shiznit. This kind of crap pisses me off so bad.. I could KILL whoever designed this drag mode, they need a big slap.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well, some people dont like ricing cars to hell.
But well, at least they could include front/rear/side bumpers and tail/head lights along with side mirrors.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Most Wanted, A let down for me.

Post by ^Sparco^ »

MadRopes wrote:Well I can really say MW has been a real let down :( . I mean, I love all the lamborghinis and stuff but no skyline? No 350? No 240? Sucks that they got rid of them. Also, modification has really been cut down. No head lights, no tail lights, no front/back/side bumpers, no Weight reduction kit, and only one vinyl allowed!!!??! this practically eliminates any sort of unique customization. I honestly think they screwed up pretty badly with this game. I mean, its fun, but I think I'll stick to U2. I think they have really turned it into a more HP2 game. (...)
Indeed, this game is not Underground-like. This is a HP3 with a new name.

You should be happy with having body kits and vinyls available. On previous Pursuit games there weren't any vinyls/kits and nobody complained at all about it.

Same with storyline. OK it may be a bit simple or whatever (I havent played the full game yet) but it's better than the one in NFS3 in example (where there wasnt storyline at all!)
Hitman101
Stock
Stock

Post by Hitman101 »

No Import tuners for one reason. EA could not get the license's to put them in becuase of the theme of the game.

Breaking the law and speeding away from the "PoPo"
drifter86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by drifter86 »

Hitman101 wrote:No Import tuners for one reason. EA could not get the license's to put them in becuase of the theme of the game.

Breaking the law and speeding away from the "PoPo"
Have you heard of or played SRS?? And what do you consider the Eclipse, STi, Evo, RX-8, Supra cars?

To MadRopes - You didn't mention anything about online, so I'm guessing the version you have is NOT PS2. I think I can agree with most of what you say as I'm still making adjustments to this game as this is focused more on cop chases. You can't/shouldn't really compare this to the Underground series. I think it's been mentioned before that EA doesn't have the license for Nissan anymore.

To MonteCarloSS - I haven't gotten that far into the game yet but that sucks for that drag race limitation.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Quite honestly, I don't think there is a game out there that isnt getting a bashing from at least someone. What I reckon is that if you cant put together a better game yourself then you shouldnt be comment on what people could have done better. Most Wanted IS going back to the old Hp2 style to some extent due to feedback, which means more exotic cars. And when theres more exotic cars, theres less customisation possibilitys. Even though some of the cars can be highly customised they then have to put some sort of system into place for a supercars that are already that - supercars. then of course, since people are craving for the expenisive cars and exotic racing, why bother trying to keep the 350's and GTR's when they depend highly on customisation, not to mention they are a completly different setup of cars to the exotics. And people want the games done and purchasable asap which means they havent got alot of time for designing bodykits, wings, headlights etc for all the new vehicles. And of couse the licencing issues for the tuner's, damage, ferraris etc don't help. And how long would it take to implement damage on all the cars? Even getting lecenses for it is hard enough.

Although I am with you that it would have been awsome to keep the tuner cars, neon citys and high customosation (Being a tuner car fan myself) But if you are not able to create your own game, why bash others?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

IF you would have followed some info you would not have been so disapointed with the game, that there where no NISSANS in the game was already know for a while now.

And EA never said it is a TUNER game it was known from the start that it would be a police chase game with some tuning options.

So if you would follow some news ou could same yourself the trouble of buying the game :wink:

I personally am glad EA ditched the Neons, spinners, useless sidemirror options etc.
Ok there could have been some more low end sportscars and hatchbacks like the MR2, Celica, Mazda 3, MX5 (all cars without real license problems. )
but overall I am pretty happy with the cars that are in the list
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Good 2 cents, Stig! I'm with you on this! 8)
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

no one is ever satisfied.. *sigh*

I enjoy the game because its the HP2 style. There are flaws, but hey, no one is going to make a flawless game
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

A 350Z would have been appropriate since it is not a tuner car. It is an affordable exotic.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Here I am with both TheStig and Cpt. Razkit...

This game (unlike the underground spin-offs) is returning to how Hot Pursuit 2 was, which was nothing more than an arcade racing game
Which in a way I am pleased that the gameplay has somewhat returned to how the older Need For Speed games were like
If you want to customize cars, then use the Underground series of Need For Speed, or even go to Midnight Club for the customization factor
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I dont know why people are complaining that there arent enough tuners in the game... who really cares if there is no skyline or 350z... they are great cars but EA clearly was going for the exotic/high end look for this game and i think it is better this way....
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

I wasn't complaing so don't refer to me in that statement. I said it would have been appropriate.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Most Wanted still can stand in the Underground game line due to that it actually do have tuning options even tho they were cut by half.

A good thing that is now, car showroom will be even more interesting as now alot will be dependant on paint you choose and how it will get along with car design.
I also enjoy the cop system, thats where EA didnt failed....cop speech and cop system itself is very nice.

Most thing that miss in game is selection of front/rear/side bumpers and side mirrors.
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

I, for one, think it is an excellent step forward. I like that those annoying cuscenes from UG2 were changed to very realistic movies. I like that the Free-Roam isn't required to get to races, but you can if you want. I also like that all those riced parts no longer help your performance. You can keep your ride as stock-looking as you want and still progress through the game and be as fast as the next guy. All in all, a big step up from UG2.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Accept that the game isn't about tuning. I mean, the police challenges are awesome! I love the fact that the racing part has returned. I knew tuning was cut down before I got the game, but that didnt bother me that much. I'm still having fun with the game.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Its not cut, its made more complicated. Now you need to choose every detail even more carefully.
Freeman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Freeman »

The one thing that is a disapontment 4 me is that the game is to easy i mean i can do enything i whant to do whith the cops all i have to do is to not run over some spike and the rest is easy like day light
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Have you tried standing x5 for long enough?

game is not easy, i remember someone said that the further you proceed the more harder challenges are....i doubt game is 'so easy'.
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

yeah,im playing the hard option .it isnt easy
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

I was the only person paying attention with the videos, Razor mentioned our character racing in the day instead of night. Hence a reference to this game basicly being Underground 3.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

So far the only things I've disliked about the game is the drag races which are not even straight anymore, the lack of performance tunning like in ug2, and the parts available to change, I have to say though the AI is impressive and its not easy to get away from the cops.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

So far, I really like the game. I'm halfway thru the career mode, and I'm still racing a visually stock Chevy Cobalt SS. It's not too easy, I've been busted a few times, and I struggle on some races, but I make progress.

I also like the damage, even tho it doesn't affect the car performance, and disappears when I enter a new race, but at least it's there, and it's better than no damage at all.

I'm also surprised my 3 year old computer can handle this game as well as it does. This game runs smoother than NFSU2 did, and it looks great. Too early to compare it to the other NFS games tho, but the first impression is good :)
Latino13
Stock
Stock

Post by Latino13 »

Yeah i am very very sad bout this game ..weh i see that need for speed is comin out with a new game i think hey i game where i can tune my car to the max ..i mean y in the hell do u go from tuner to exotic...im ready for a new tuning game :x

Return to “Most Wanted”