drag racing blacklist #8

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

drag racing blacklist #8

Post by MonteCarloSS »

anyone else think the drag race for #8 is shiznit?

the opponent can go on the sidewalks but i cant. i hold the damn arrow in that direction and its still doesnt let me go over. my opponent dodges everything but going on the sidewalks. its only 2 lanes and traffic is everywhere BESIDES the damn sidewalks!

this is just ridiculious and another one of EA's cheap AI tricks.

anyway, im pissed off. i have no way of beating #8 if i cant go on the sidewalk so right now im in a pickle. is there a combo of keys you have to press or something? i'm really lost and dissapointed with drag mode completely.
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

yeah, there is no way for us to go on the sidewalk but the AI's can. you call that fair game?
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

well, try restarting the race from menu, maybe traffic layouts change...
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

already tried that man

there is this van that blocks BOTH lanes, and I am NOT allowed to go on the sidewalk. But whats the AI do? GOES ON THE SIDEWALK! I tried following the AI onto the sidewalk, didn't work.

The only way I can pass the van is if I slow down to like 50mph and barely miss it but then the AI flies by me on the sidewalk....... It is really stupid.
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

LOOOOOOOOL

oh my god, i wish i had a video camera

what i did was i kept e-braking infront of the mustang to cause her to go around me. well i did this so much, i completed the drag in over 2 minutes, and the mustang ended up crashing.

What should have been a 30 second drag turned into 2 minutes of slow poking hahahahahhaahhaa

hhahaha firetruck woot, #8 on the list now. I hope theres no more shiznit drag races. Dont get me wrong, Drags firetruck rule but this no-sidewalk shiznit is ridiculious.
Hitman101
Stock
Stock

Post by Hitman101 »

Guys haven't you tried the speed breaker in Drag ????

You can manually controll the car steering in speed breaker mode.

Hope this helps you guys out, I had the same problem my self xD.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Ah lol :) Nice find!

Btw, if i get it right Drag is actually straight off the line speeding. Now what i see since NFSU2 is that Drag races become more and more narrow and having way too much turns....i mean this isnt drag already.....
Hitman101
Stock
Stock

Post by Hitman101 »

Yeah I know its more of a highly controlled but smaller version of sprint now. :P
sic
Drift King
Drift King

Post by sic »

Abrams wrote:
i mean this isnt drag already.....
true :?
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Oh i didn't even know you could use speedbreaker in drag :P.
I won that #8 by forcing her to hit a car, i noticed it was the only way because i didn't know about that speedbreaker.
lol wut
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

Well in NFSU2 atleast they had airports and shiznit so you could really push the cars to their limits. Drag should be the most intense and fastest racing type in the game but its not. It's more fast paced and in your face. You don't have time to react to most of the crap infront of u, thats why im guessing the invented this speed breaker crap.

Anyway, I have a really fast car and I'm not even #7 on the blacklist. I know my GTI could smoke any car on the list, except the M3 GT-R.. that car is just wow.

I will need to max out everything to beat that car
Attachments
g0t speed?
g0t speed?
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

when i get MW and have my merc..it will beat that easily 8)
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

i never had this problem, i dont remember there only being 2 lanes, and i can go on sidwalk? so it wont let you? whichside do you go on?
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

You can't go on sidewalks in normal drag mode.

If you can go on the sidewalk in the #8 blacklist drag, take a pic because every1 else here is having the same problem.

The Flying Dragon, your merc has absolutely nothing on this baby :twisted:

Couple more uniques and that M3 GT-R will be ALL MINE!
Attachments
Just unlocked some more parts, time to upgrade :)
Just unlocked some more parts, time to upgrade :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Who needs BMW M3 when you got Eclipse :)

This car handles so nice, you can slide thru turns easily if you get into good position to enter turn :) RWD cars can only dream about it :P
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Lol, I just have the same problem. That ATV van is stopping me every time :P.
sigsegv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sigsegv »

Abrams wrote:Who needs BMW M3 when you got Eclipse :)

This car handles so nice, you can slide thru turns easily if you get into good position to enter turn :) RWD cars can only dream about it :P
AND
MonteCarloSS wrote:The Flying Dragon, your merc has absolutely nothing on this baby
Couple more uniques and that M3 GT-R will be ALL MINE!
Gents, I think you are both right. In fact ANY from the game, with the apropriate unique performance upgrades, can beat the M3 GT-R ....

LOL, unless (remembering UG2) we find another "Toyota Corolla" in this one too ...
Cypher
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cypher »

Pabl0z wrote:Oh i didn't even know you could use speedbreaker in drag :P.
I won that #8 by forcing her to hit a car, i noticed it was the only way because i didn't know about that speedbreaker.
Me neither although I finished the game :D
GT_Stang
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GT_Stang »

Abrams wrote:Who needs BMW M3 when you got Eclipse :)

I almost bought the eclipse, but went with the renault. Rightnow I have the renault and the golf and the golf is by far my favorite car. I go the pink slip for #12's Rx8 (I think #12?) and after taking it around a few races I sold it. I did not like the handling one bit. I am just going to keep modding my Golf until something better comes along, maybe I will try out the eclipse :)
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

I only use Big Lou's Eclipse, and my Golf GTI.

The Golf owns, a very under-estimated car. If you put backroom parts on it and keep dropping a little bit of money into it, it can be a very fast car.

The Eclipse is a great car for losing the cops in. It doesnt really burnout and can accelerate really fast. I can lose the cops no problem now.. those "cool down" zones are bs.

I'll be in the tunnel and switch lanes and just stop beside the wall and the cop will fly by.. couple seconds later you hear "suspect lost, send out a quadrant"

hehe
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I mostly evade using purshuit breakers near 'cool down' zones.
Or go to the forest-park in Rosewood.

Also theres another trick, when on highway around Rosewood, youll notice theres tunnel wich separated into 2 smaller tunnels. So just before you enter it from one of the sides(counter clock-wise i beleive), theres one place wheres theres no fence between splitted roads just before you enter tunnel, so i hit speed braker and jump get on the other side, theres not much room for any manuvers but enough to slip thru it...cops usually crash on the one-after-another basis.
A-Styling
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-Styling »

Now get to the oponent no8 i still have to finish some chalanges to enter the challange fot 8 position
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I usually try to achieve all purshuit milestones in one chase...saves you cash on upgrades to change heat level...
A-Styling
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-Styling »

Abaout purshuit i do it like that all in one pursuir now its geting crazy milion of cars al around me spike belts chopers etc :D
GT_Stang
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GT_Stang »

I have not gotten to the choppers yet, but I am starting to see more of the black cops cars. I am on Blacklist #11 rightnow and so far it is extremely easy to get away from the police. I hear that it does get a lot harder when they bring in choppers/suv's though..looking forward to it :)

Return to “Most Wanted”