Help on Black Edition

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
ez4u2nv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: If I told you, you wouldn't know, so why should I tell you

Help on Black Edition

Post by ez4u2nv »

Ok i recently recieved NFSMW Black Edition. Whenever i play the game for say 10 min or so the game crashes and i'm back at my desktop. I could be in free roam with cops or no cops or in a race. It really doesn't matter it just crashes. I don't know what the problem is but I suspect it to be from outdated video drivers or from a gfx card with not enough memory. Which would mean i would need new one. I have a Intel 82865G intergrated graphics controller with approx. 96mb of memory. I do know that i don't have the most recent drivers, I'm working on gettin the most recent drivers, but how can i fix the problem if the drivers don't fix it. Oh, one other thing the game runs real slow and glitchy some times, especially for some reason when i run through tunnels.

Underground 2 ran great on the below specifications. Ran real smooth and everything. I was looking on the Minium system requirements on both games and there isn't that big of a difference. SOOO?? What's the problem?

Also since my motherboard has the gfx card intergrated, I may need a more modern gfx card. What kind of card could be recommended. I need a card that i can use it to its fullest potential. I don't want to spend excess money on a card. I was thinkin somethin like a XFX 6600GT.

I would like your assesment of what the problem might be and how to fix it.

Thanks for the analysis and recommendations.

My system specs are as follows:

Motherboard is: GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000 Pro-G
Intel P4 3.0E GHZ 1.0 MB of L2 cache
512 MB of RAM (2x256) 400Mhz /w hyperthreading enabled (memory runs at Dual Channel)
800 Mhz FSB
80 GB HD
2 CDRom's----1-48x Sony----2-Aopen 52x32x52 CD-R/RW
ACER 17" flat panel
Onboard video-96mb-
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You need a proper GFX card to operate this game properly. A recommended one will be nVidia GeForce FX series. It's recommened by EA themselves. :)
ez4u2nv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ez4u2nv »

Like what model are you referring to for instance?? SO the 6600GT would be to much???
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm not saying that it'll be too much. It's recommended that you buy the GFX which is recommened by EA themselves. Here's the list:

ATI Radeon 7500
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 9xxx series
ATI Radeon Xpress 200
ATI Radeon X300, X600, X700, X800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 2 (GTS, MX, Ultra/Ti)
NVIDIA GeForce 3 (Ti)
NVIDIA GeForce 4 (MX, Ti)
NVIDIA GeForce FX series (what I have mentioned)
NVIDIA GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800, 7800
Intel 950/i915g
S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro
croax
Ricer
Ricer

Post by croax »

6600 gt is a good card but an x700pro is more performance for less cash. unless your an nvidia fan.
ez4u2nv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ez4u2nv »

ok i have a new problem----When i start MW i can access the main menu and navigate anywhere without problems, but after i click on "resume career" and just about finishes loading, it crashes and sends me back to the desktop. I did get the new drivers, so i suppose thats the problem?? because before i could at least play the game for a little bit, now it won't even let me see the screen. I know i need a new card, and i'm working on getting it.

One last ?--- I don't know anything about the FX series-- whether their poor quality like the MX's (or alot of people don't like them for some reason). Are they mid range cards or are they sorry? While i want somethin that ain't real expensive, i want something that will make the game run smooth with all game gfx set to medium (preferably). I don't know if that is possible with the kind of setup i have.
sigsegv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sigsegv »

If you have the cash, go for a 7800 GTX. Don't bother buying those with 512 GDRAM, they're only overclocked versions of the 7800 GTX 256 MB.

The card is really "new" as opposed to nvidia's 6000 series. Check the web for main improvements. Alternatively you may try ATI's new 1800 line of products (though they do not have always the best driver support). I'm not sure about your monitor's latency though.

I'm playing MW with 1280x960, 4x FSAA, 16x Anisotropic and all game settings @ maximum. And never experienced any slowdown in the FPS.
ez4u2nv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ez4u2nv »

I looked at my local walmart today and they have a BFG 5500 FX Overclocked for $130 U.S. Dollars. Would this be good enough--its 256mb which is probably more than i need. I was probably thinkin i should get a 57 or 5900 series.? :? are there any other nvidia card that can be recommended that would work for me? My price limit is $150. I'm guessing that BFG is a pretty good name brand cause it has 24/7 tech support and lifetime warranty

@ sigsegv

I'm playing MW with 1280x960, 4x FSAA, 16x Anisotropic and all game settings @ maximum. And never experienced any slowdown in the FPS.
What kind of card is it? I'm assuming a 256mb 7800GTX

Return to “Help & Support”