Your crazy pursuit evasion story

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Your crazy pursuit evasion story

Post by Racin_Penguin »

OK, just tell about a pursuit evasion that was particularly interesting to you, whether it be at X1 or X6 heat.
Aright, this one time I was goin' some 200mph on the highway in my SLR McLaren and there was a spikestrip set up in front of me(at X5, so I had a good 12 corvettes after me) and I was lookin' behind me and then I look ahead again and I'm about to hit the spikestrip right dead center so I trigger the speedbreaker and slam on the brakes(E-brake and regular) and come to an almost instant stop and my front bumper goes over the spikestrip but my tires don't. Then I see the whole flocka cop cars come whizzin' by and over the spikestrip. So I backed up and whipped it around and evaded the pursuit.
I was just jaw-dropped when it happened, I couldn't believe I just stopped in front of a spikestrip, turned around and evaded the pursuit. Was pretty amazing for me.
Welp...thats mine, your turn...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nice one! :o

Anyways, mine happened pretty funny actually... I was in a very instensed pursuit chase, heat 4 to be precise, and the GTO's were chasing me like crazy. Roadblocks, spikes and the Rhinos are tough as hell to handle. And then, the funniest thing happened, and I never know if this is gonna happen again next time, but I hope it will. A GTO was leading a pack it's back-ups to chase me, and the pursuit breaker was right in front of me. Unfortunately, I missed it because I was at a super high speed. So I decided to stop, risking myself in getting arreseted, and tried to hit the Pursuit Breaker. Here's the funny part that I was talking about: When I turned around to aim a go at the Pursuit Breaker, the GTO's from my tail hit the Pursuit Breaker, and all of its 10+ back-up vehicles were also damaged, and no other cops were on my tail! I then sped up to a nearby gas station, hid in the carwash machine, and successfully evaded them. Strange, but true. The more intense the pursuit gets, the stupider teh cops behave... :P

That's mine.. :)

P.S: Surprisingly, the chopper was outta sight too..
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Andre_online wrote:The more intense the pursuit gets, the stupider teh cops behave...
Actually, not really stupider, but they just go all-out to stop you so they don't take corners as nicely and execute moves on you as professionally. Instead, they just chase you and ram you off the road as fast as they can. And yeah, thats happened to me many times, cops trailing close behind you can usually just take care of themselves...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Racin_Penguin wrote: cops trailing close behind you can usually just take care of themselves...
True enough, in almost every (longer) pursuit, atleast a half a dozen cop cars get disabled without me even touching them... ramming traffic or what have you trying to get to me.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Alright here it goes.

Ok its nothing special, really. Ok of course I was in an intense chase in heat 5 and there was probalby a whole team of Corvettes behind me so I was getting a bit jumpy. I figured I would get some speed on the Rockport highway and then dip out into the football stadium and then into the sewer. I'm in my cayman S going about 217 and then I just realized I hit my 600,000 bounty and it was gaining a bit, so I knew I had to evade them. So while I'm flying I see two big Rhinos coming right at me so I use the speedbraker and I dodged them with the Small Cayman. I looked behind me and they demolished 3/4s of the police squad so I guess they helped out a bit. I knew there was a turnout section into the city on my map with a hide-out so I headed there with about 4 cops on me but of course I have a spike to get past so I had to think wuick to where I was going to hit because the heavy suvs were usually in front so I hit the mark and I went flying. It was pretty dramatic because the Corvettes were are banged up and stuck behind the Suvs.

So finally I reach that spot and I evade the police with probably a little over a million bounty. Seriously, nothing special.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Here's mine....

Well, my [legendary] RX-8 was already on Pursuit Level 5, so I let it cool down for a bit and took out my AWD Gallardo for a bounty run at Camden Pentintary in the rain , trying to get over 600,000 bounty in one pursuit. I glid around the corners and got up to a decent Level 3 pursuit, with Undercover Pursuit GTO's (Monaro's for the Europeans here) trying to surround me. I take the three sequential jumps through the prison, and Rhinos try to come up the hill towards the final jump. I then land on top of the Rhinos and fall on, driving up the prison's switchbacks. All of a sudden, I saw spikes up ahead, and I went into Speedbreaker, pulled off a clutch kick to spin to the other direction, and tried to burnout away from the strip, but because of the rain, I slid backwards so my rear tires were shot. "****!", I thought, but than i remembered that I still had my front tires, though pushing forward with only half of the power to the wheels, as much power as the naturally aspirated Volkswagen inline-5 cylinder used in the Jetta , Golf V, and New Beetle, an engine which is related to the Gallardo's 5.0 V-10 (the I-5 uses the aluminum cylinder heads from the V-10, so it's basically the V-10 cut in two) I pulled away (pretty slowly) and headed for the gas station with the Pursuit Breaker, and, to my amazement, the cops all slid into the Rhino roadblock! It was such a relief, for my I-5 Gallardo couldn't get away from the cops for much longer. I then had an opprittunity to get to my safe house, and by using side streets and driving carefully, I got there and saved. It's good that I had AWD, or else I would have been busted for sure.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

I suck. I just evade cops as much as possible. (is a wuss.)
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

I was on 80,000 bounty and corvette and heavy SUV are after me at heat level 3. I straight away move on to the bus station and stay on top of the bus. My bounty move from 100,000 to 3,334,100 while I am on top of the buses. My heat level also raised from level 3 to level 5. The stupid thing was,why didn't the cops even try to get up on me within 30 minutes? I had to force myself to look back to see whether the cops are behind me for 30 minutes, and not a single cop was there. The chopper came and guess what, it just stayed on top of me like a stupid ***o*.
Attachments
Car Exhibition(06).jpg
Car Exhibition(05).jpg
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

ahmad0410 wrote:I was on 80,000 bounty and corvette and heavy SUV are after me at heat level 3. I straight away move on to the bus station and stay on top of the bus. My bounty move from 100,000 to 3,334,100 while I am on top of the buses. My heat level also raised from level 3 to level 5. The stupid thing was,why didn't the cops even try to get up on me within 30 minutes? I had to force myself to look back to see whether the cops are behind me for 30 minutes, and not a single cop was there. The chopper came and guess what, it just stayed on top of me like a stupid ***o*.
Haha man thats a crazy story... how can you go on top of the bus???
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

SliM_880 wrote:
ahmad0410 wrote:I was on 80,000 bounty and corvette and heavy SUV are after me at heat level 3. I straight away move on to the bus station and stay on top of the bus. My bounty move from 100,000 to 3,334,100 while I am on top of the buses. My heat level also raised from level 3 to level 5. The stupid thing was,why didn't the cops even try to get up on me within 30 minutes? I had to force myself to look back to see whether the cops are behind me for 30 minutes, and not a single cop was there. The chopper came and guess what, it just stayed on top of me like a stupid ***o*.
Haha man thats a crazy story... how can you go on top of the bus???
well...there is 2 ramps in the bus station..the left one leads to the buses..there is a big chance that the cops wont get u..if they do...just reverse and push 'em down..here is the screenshot..GINIX_2007 gave it to me...
Attachments
Easy bounty.
Easy bounty.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

one time, i think it was heat level 4 or 5, and i was almost boxed it when a rhino came and rammed me strait out, and i got all the bounty, then, right around a corner, because there were so many cops that i didnt care what, and then, i accidentally hit the spikes there.
so ok, im the luckiest gamer in the world, a cop ran into a pursuit breaker right there. so all 12 of the cops died, and that kep me from getting busted. then, the helicopter ran out of fuel, so that was gone. it was freaky cause i am boxxed in by a bunch of dead cops, and then i cooled down with all the cops surrounding, and dead tires. then i of course had to jump to safe house, because i couldnt go anywhere.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

^W0W, thats amazing. I have no idea how you can ever evade a pursuit with even one blown tire. Your car quickly just rolls to a stop and you're screwed...well, unless you do what Fish did...
Modena
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Modena »

Ok, today I went in a pursuit with my Lambo Murcielago. Started off at heat level 1, then worked my way up to level 5, at one time there were about 25 cops after me. Then I ram through a roadblock with lots of Corvettes in the way, and I just skim the spikestrip, and one tyre goes. Then I manage to limp my way to a pursuit braker, where there is a roadblock just before it. I try again to break through, but again the spikestrip pops one of my front tyres. I manage to hit the pursuit breaker before the cops surround me, and it works and they are destroyed! Although it was very slow to get out because of only two wheels with tyres.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

AWD!!

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Racin_Penguin wrote:^W0W, thats amazing. I have no idea how you can ever evade a pursuit with even one blown tire. Your car quickly just rolls to a stop and you're screwed...well, unless you do what Fish did...
Read my story, I got away using (pretty much) a front-wheel drive Gallardo after my rear tires hit the spikes.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

its good to have a 4wheel drive car when one tire hits the spikestrip.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I really don't know how you people can still manage to evade the police even when your tyres burst. I always get busted, never successful when I run over the spikes... I'm using the Cayman by the way.
da wizz21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by da wizz21 »

mine isn't as good as some of yours but here it goes...
I was in my lancer and had about 6 or 7 cops on my tail and doing about a buck twenty. I was coming up on the city area hit the e brake and shifted down and slid around the corner. Then I went strait for the sewers by this time the 6 was down to about 3. I went through the sewers and came out the other side and double back through town. Then the cops said they had lost sight of me so i turn into the police station and turned around faceing out just in time to see a cop speed by and sat there till the cool down time was up.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

So, what cars can survive a blowout?
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

hers my story not so big but i guess not so small...i drive around a 911 now...its nice and all i think my lambo can bet it but then again i luv 911's so iv been driving around evading cops with eaz which i hate.. and do by mistake...so i jsut stop in the middle of the road waiting for the stupid level 5 cops to come fast and mad at me then i just pick up and run for it....so i begin going down this straight away til i find a nice to jump over with cops and all in my back i dont look back much but my map was full of blue and red tringals and i landed on this car and drove wit it for about a min before it got distroyed by the cops....so i begin to swarve away and try to play smart wit the cops and hit a wall >_< so the gto's box me and i try going around doing 360's and pusshing back and forth and then i finally N my car reved up real quick cause the busted bar was filling up and i gear up to 2 and nas out between the two gto front and rear bummers and fly away i luved their reaction to it as "DAm it he was only toying with us!" finally i start to sprint away on the high way (near the golf course) and u konw the whole road block wit suv's and spike strips come right infront of me and i dont use breaker that much but i cut fast as anything and hit the side of the gate and back bummer of the suv and i nas away and look back (u always gota look back to see wut the stupid cops did) and all u see is cars just flying in the air and suvs tumble and gto's using them as a ramp, (stroy was not great but it made me think of "4 of july " hehe flying cars instead of rockets ^__^" will keep u posted on any other stupid chases
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

whenever im just about to be busted, scinse i have a ps2, i save the game, go to a pursuit, and right before getting busted, i reset the console.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

or if u where smart u would keep ur memory card out until u want to save then take it out right when ur done duh!
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Andre_online wrote:I really don't know how you people can still manage to evade the police even when your tyres burst. I always get busted, never successful when I run over the spikes... I'm using the Cayman by the way.

It is possible if you don't get all tires hit really. I went to the edge of the jail jump and I evaded the police because they all went over.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

The evasion bar just automatically sways down to busted when I even blow one tire, doesn't matter if there's cops around me or not...
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

wow okay where do i start? hmmm. if was the first day i ever played the game and i was on blacklist 10 i belive. at this point of the game i havent had any free time yet to do some damage. so i decides to crash into everyting i see. and a witness called the cops and gave them my car descripsion and finally the po-po went after me. a good 3 munites after the chase i decides to look for cover.. then i spotted the stadium... (i was thinking to myself..perfect!) a good spot to hide, but the cops found me, at that time i was at heat level 2 so i sped through the stadium at full speed and i see a ramp(thinking to myself i hope i can make it) i hit the Nos and everything went blurry and then on the bottom left of my screen (just before i hit the ramp) i see 4 orange arrows going towards me. .!im like wtf??! as soon as i hit the ramp the arrows were in front of me by a lil bit and i flew! and all i can see is the sky and the shiny sun! oh god the sun is so bright, but in mid air my car flips foward for no apperent reason and the front bumper of my car collides with 2 of the 4 racers that came out of nowhere!(that was the 4 arrows u heard about earlier)and i flip violently like 6 times and 3 of the 4 racers crash together in the middle of the road creating a baracade for me for the cops behind me. they crash and my cop meter goes to green and as soon as the cooldown meter comes up.......then a cop spots me........so i try to lose him going towards the gas station and...
BOOM! i crash into an invisible car! making it flip towards the gas station(as i hit the drift buttion) barely conering the gas station the cop crashes the the invisible car the i crashed to making it flip to the gas stationand destroying it for me. and thats how i got away :p i wish i had this on video!! :( :x :!: :shock: :?
Top_Gear
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Top_Gear »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:
Andre_online wrote:I really don't know how you people can still manage to evade the police even when your tyres burst. I always get busted, never successful when I run over the spikes... I'm using the Cayman by the way.

It is possible if you don't get all tires hit really. I went to the edge of the jail jump and I evaded the police because they all went over.
Yep, it depends on which tyres are blown. If all tyres are hit, you're a goner. If you only got 1 or 2 tyres hit (say your left side went over the spikes), then you can keep going, but be prepared for poor handling and really low speeds.

Return to “Most Wanted”