Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
ewans_hotcars
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ewans_hotcars »

ive played it. they had a 360 in currys when i went in the other day. the graphics are amazing!! it looks so realistic, the world of it is huge. this game has made me want to buy a 360 just to play it
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

I've had it for some time now on my 360, the first download pack had a Ferrari 250 GTO which they charge you a bargain of $5,000,000 :roll:

I think the second download pack is out now, but i don't know for sure because my 360 is getting re-setup for my 40' TV and it's slow progress...

The game map is firetrucking HUGE like ewans said, 4 months of gameplay and about 63% of the map is discovered :shock:

Another catch is your driver level, it goes from Rookie all the way to Champion (theres one more but it's only if game is 100%), I'm at champion. Once you get Champion theres a race that can get $1,000,000 in about 6 minutes if your good at it and have a fast car. Hence how I got the GTO I mentioned above.

Such a great game, can't wait till my 360 is functional again :mrgreen:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Atari revealed that the PC edition of its online racing game Test Drive Unlimited will ship with Hardcore Mode, unlockable when you reach Champion status in the game. The new mode will also be available on the Xbox 360, included in the upcoming patch #3 on Xbox Live.

Hardcore Mode includes :

* Physics handling: This means the handling goes "ultra realistic" and is more demanding. Increased breaking distances occur and the driver is left with less anti-drift assistance. You'll need to be on your top game to drive all of your cars this way!
* Telemetry Players: will have the option to activate Telemetry with the D-Pad to follow accurately how far (or too far) to push the car
* Free Ride Alternative: Players in Free-Ride will have the option to display a small icon next to their screen name to indicate their current driving mode
* Multiplayer Challenge: Additions If selected, players will only meet other players in Hardcore Mode too.
* Solo Challenge: Option Solo challenges will NOT be accessible in this mode.

Source: Worthplaying.
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

I think there won't be a PC demo for TDU. Which is not good but also not that bad.
With the demo i could have tested it on my PC. But without having the pressure of releasing a demo, the developers get more time to test and all.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

azzkika wrote:I think there won't be a PC demo for TDU. Which is not good but also not that bad.
With the demo i could have tested it on my PC. But without having the pressure of releasing a demo, the developers get more time to test and all.
lol your late. Fileplanet already has the PC beta.

too bad you have to be a file planet subscriber
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

The servers for the beta have been taken down today, so it isn't playable anymore.
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

donaldgladden wrote: lol your late. Fileplanet already has the PC beta.

too bad you have to be a file planet subscriber
lol, that's the point. And I believe it was over a GB of download. Some people had even downloaded it just to find out it needed a key. Anyone here got the Beta?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Check this:

http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=46406

Edit: The official release date for the PC version is February 16th.
http://forums.eu.atari.com/showpost.php ... tcount=261
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

That's the thread I was reading.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Skyline_man wrote:Check this:

http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=46406

Edit: The official release date for the PC version is February 16th.
http://forums.eu.atari.com/showpost.php ... tcount=261
Gah, why not the 12th? Would be nice for my birthday (which is the day after) :P
underoath285
Drift King
Drift King

Post by underoath285 »

hey guys, i havnt been following this game very closely, but i cant seem to find any system requirements anywhere. anyone have any ideas?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

underoath285 wrote:hey guys, i havnt been following this game very closely, but i cant seem to find any system requirements anywhere. anyone have any ideas?
I was about to ask that as well...
pc requirements... :roll:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Morty wrote:Gah, why not the 12th? Would be nice for my birthday (which is the day after) :P
Actually, the original release date was Feb. 13th :P , but they pushed it 3 days more. :)

As for the PC requirements, tenebera from TDU forums said, official PC news will be announced after a few days, and from those who played the beta:
My PC is not very powerful (I mean doesn't cost 4000$ !)

P4E 3.0ghz
7600GS 256Mb AGP 8x o/c 490/440
2Gb Corsair DDR SDRAM PC3200 Dual Channel

I have 20/40fps all the time... depends on if I'm in the city with interior view or in the desert ! But it works easily in high details AA4x and no HDR (yep 7600GS... ) in 1024*768.

The most important is the ram, while i'm playing, 50% of it is used (near 1Gb) I can advice 1.5Gb or 2Gb to be sure.
If you have a multi CPU it's very useful, I've got hyperthreading and it's full all the time ! First time for me in a game !
here are 2 screenshots with everything maxed out i guess:
http://img302.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 612kq4.jpg
http://img302.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 612mu3.jpg
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

those guys are crazy: "...my pc is not powerful having p4 with 3.0 ghz, 2gb of ram..and a gforce 7600..." damn rich kids...
underoath285
Drift King
Drift King

Post by underoath285 »

xturbo wrote:those guys are crazy: "...my pc is not powerful having p4 with 3.0 ghz, 2gb of ram..and a gforce 7600..." damn rich kids...
haha

MY set up is not powerful

P4@2.7
768MB ranm
ATI RADEON 9550.

haha at this point id kill for his set up
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

xturbo wrote:those guys are crazy: "...my pc is not powerful having p4 with 3.0 ghz, 2gb of ram..and a gforce 7600..." damn rich kids...
What did you expect ?, its kinda the same as NFSC, plus his setup is not that "wow" nowadays, its just considered a low-medium setup, except for the RAM. Great setups these days include core 2 duos, 7900GTX-->8800GTX, with 2 or more GBs of RAM.

Dont worry, i am sure it'll still work on your setup, we just have to wait for an official announcement of the PC requirements. :wink:

I've seen many screenshots and videos from the PC beta, and i gotta say i am impressed so far.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

If that guy's set up isn't powerful enough, I think I'd better cancel my pre-order :roll:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Skyline_man wrote:[What did you expect ?, its kinda the same as NFSC, plus his setup is not that "wow" nowadays, its just considered a low-medium setup, except for the RAM. Great setups these days include core 2 duos, 7900GTX-->8800GTX, with 2 or more GBs of RAM.

Dont worry, i am sure it'll still work on your setup, we just have to wait for an official announcement of the PC requirements. :wink:

I've seen many screenshots and videos from the PC beta, and i gotta say i am impressed so far.
Yeah i know but those setups here are very expensive man, just understand that, more away from "cool countries", more expensive :D

Also, thank u a lot skyline_man, bc now i can breath more "relaxed" u know...If those requirements are "near" nfsc, well, at least i'll be able to run it AT LEAST at 640x480 (ouch!)...:lol:
But anything can happen :S

Btw skyline_man, any "news" about exactly or aproximately when they are planning to publish the official requirements? Thanks a lot indeed, this game has got me VERY impressed, and im getting it indeed...it's worth of your money, just like a
COOL-WELL-NOTDESIGNEDBYLAPIERRE game has to be ;)

Xturbo.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

xturbo wrote:Btw skyline_man, any "news" about exactly or aproximately when they are planning to publish the official requirements?
No, but i expect it after 2 to 3 weeks from now.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

cool indeed. Are u getting this also skyline_man....well what an stupid question...it seems yes :roll: :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

yeah, looking forward to getting it indeed.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Bleh

Post by race_invader »

I got TDU with my xbox 360 for xmas and im still 25% into it so its a very long game so you guys who get it on PC later on will have fun with coz its long.

I hope no one brings out trainers and stuff for money coz then thats just unfair. Oh and look out for noobs :) I get them alot on Xbox Live driving the Koenigsegg CCX all level 3 tuned and its annoying coz they just push you off the road or annoy you :x

goodbye :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: Bleh

Post by xturbo »

race_invader wrote:I got TDU with my xbox 360 for xmas and im still 25% into it so its a very long game so you guys who get it on PC later on will have fun with coz its long.

I hope no one brings out trainers and stuff for money coz then thats just unfair. Oh and look out for noobs :) I get them alot on Xbox Live driving the Koenigsegg CCX all level 3 tuned and its annoying coz they just push you off the road or annoy you :x

goodbye :D
haven't u noticed any "bug" or "glitch" in the game?
i know it's difficult, but u know...nothing is perfect sometimes :S

Xturbo.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: Bleh

Post by race_invader »

xturbo wrote:
haven't u noticed any "bug" or "glitch" in the game?
i know it's difficult, but u know...nothing is perfect sometimes :S

Xturbo.

To me TDU is Bug free and glitch free also if there is bugs and glitches then i haven't found them or they haven't found me coz im enjoying a game without problems for once :P well thats what i think anyway but also my Xbox Live does tell me to Download the patches but i guess thats why its bug free and glitch free :wink:

Im 100% sure that PC won't have bugs of glitches coz they will release patches for it coz they do it all the time for XBox 360 so yeah

TDU is a really perfect game and people may say it gets boring coz the scenery repeats and you run out of money or some other Cr@p but i cannot see scenery repeat and yeah my money is always fairly up i just brought my 2nd house yesterday it cost me $2,000,000 around that price but at least it can hold 10 cars not like my other house what only holds 8 but yeah :P
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Pretty awesome indeed....
not like EA....
COOL!

Return to “The Games”