NFS Most Wanted

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:the suprise is......

it will be on DVD :lol:
So if it's in DVD, could it still be readable on a normal CD drive that I currnently have? :?
S2000_Skyline12 wrote:howd you get it
Seui wrote:It's the prize from the, Guess the car contest
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

nope ya gotta probs have a DVD-ROM to read it

and oh. i entered that what was the car? 05' Ford Mustang GT? (if it was) i put that
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

So, what is the "real" difference between the DVD and CD? Extra videos? Deleted scenes? :lol:
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

DVD is bigger capacity so porobably have more preformance of game like more rims spoilers and so on... And maybe EA did make the game on boath (DVD and CD) becouse he ment on his players(for once) wich dont have DVD reader!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Seui
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Seui »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:nope ya gotta probs have a DVD-ROM to read it

and oh. i entered that what was the car? 05' Ford Mustang GT? (if it was) i put that
It was the Lancer Evolution VIII, same one that was on the cover of Import Racer. I'll have the scans up when I get home from school, I'm stupid tired right now, and have to get some breakfast before I leave. Well, when I get in, I'll also talk about the demo, as I mentioned, great stuff.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

News

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I don't know if this is old or new but I'll copy it anyway.

Interview with Josie Maran

EA recently added another beautiful face to the long list of women to appear in the popular Need for Speed series. Actor and model, Josie Maran is a face you've seen from ad campaigns for Guess, Victoria's Secret, American Eagle Outfitters, Marie Claire and Maybelline to her more recent acting work in such films as The Aviator and Van Helsing. And yeah, just in case you missed it, she was the hottie from the infamous Backstreet Boys video Everybody (just admit that you've seen it).

Upon meeting Josie, she immediately comes across as the girl next door... the really beautiful girl next door. Naturally she was pretty psyched to be part of Need for Speed's history even though she's not a gamer. But she admits, Need for Speed Most Wanted could turn her into a player.

The California native (growing up pretty close to EA's headquarters) has had quite an adventurous life and it's only the beginning. We had a chance to catch up with Josie in New York City to ask her about her views on life, her Need for Speed Most Wanted character, and her strategies for getting out of tickets.

Micheal Mullen: So you were pretty bad ass in Van Helsing and once again you're a bad ass in Need for Speed Most Wanted, do you like playing the bad ass role or is it a part of you that's coming out.

Josie Maran: (Smiles) It's just part of me and I hope that it comes out in every character that I play... forever.

MM: How best would you describe the game to someone who doesn't know it?

JM: It's an amazing game. The point of the game is to become the most notorious street racer and you get to evade cops.

MM: Can you tell us anything about your character in the game?

JM: My character in the game is named, Mia. And Mia is a smart, bad-ass street racer who is excited about finding some lovely player to bring up the blacklist, which is a list of the top 15 racers and to help make the player the top racer in the world.

MM: What types of roles would you like to play in the future?

JM: I would love to play the Femme Fatale or an action role like Trinity in the Matrix or something like that. You know, a part with a lot of costume changes.

MM: You're no newbie to green screen acting. While the worlds of movies and games are quickly becoming the same, were there any experiences that were drastically different when working on NFSMW?

JM: For this game, we shot it just like it as if it was a film so there wasn't that much different from doing a film other than some technical things for the costume that had to be done so they could transfer the footage later and make it look animated. So other than that, it was exactly like shooting a Hollywood film.

MM: Now that you've in a game, do you have any gamer friends or family that can't wait to see you in Need for Speed Most Wanted?

JM: I have many cousins so I get phone calls from them and they're like "do more games". And I have a lot of friends who play video games and they're all pretty excited about it.

MM: Need for Speed Most Wanted is a game about cop evasion, do you have any stories about your car or getting out of tickets?

JM: I have a Volvo S60R and it's a pretty fast car, the R says it all (laughs). It has some nice rims on it and it's great driving through the roads where I live in the Hollywood Hills. I do like to drive fast and I have gotten pulled over in the past. I use my skills to get out of tickets.

MM: How do you get out of getting a ticket?

JM: Well, I think that thanking the officer for pulling you over sort of sets them off a little. And they're like, "What are you talking about, I just pulled..." then they let me off without a ticket. (In a dainty voice) Oh thank you officer, thank you.

MM: You weren't a gamer before. Do you think Need for Speed Most Wanted will get you to start playing?

JM: I think so. This is a pretty great way to get someone to start playing. Having your own character in a video game is pretty cool.

MM: Would you consider doing another game?

JM: Definitely if it was with EA.

Interview with Nick Taylor
The Need for Speed Most Wanted Blacklist Tournament is one of the hottest events of the summer and your first chance to get a look at this upcoming game before it releases on November 16th.

In keeping with the spirit of the event, we caught up with Nick Taylor who is not only the host of the Blacklist Tournament, but also the on-spot reporter who does all the recaps for the official site, to get his thoughts on the event and the low down of what he's seen during his travels.

Jon Long: For the unfortunate few who've not been following the Blacklist Tournament, can you give us an overview about this event? What is it? How do you enter? Why should someone sign up to play?

Nick Taylor: The Need for Speed Most Wanted Blacklist Tournament is designed for racing fans as well as Need For Speed fans. We have strategically placed our tournaments in various racing venues throughout North America to alert gamers and racing fans of the new EA title, Need For Speed Most Wanted, which comes out in November.

There are two easy ways to join our tournament. You can go to needforspeed.com and sign up online, or you can sign up on-site at the tournament. The prizes that we give away in the tournament are phenomenal. The winner of each venue gets a ride-along drift with Tarzan, the legendary street drifter. We also give the winner an Xbox®, a Need For Speed video game, and an all-expense paid trip for 2 to Las Vegas to see the World Launch of Need For Speed Most Wanted.

JL: That's some booty! You're what many have come to know you as the on-site superstar at each of the Blacklist Tournament. How did you come to be the MC of this summer's hottest game event?

NT: I received a phone call from Trey Geiger at Electronic Arts. Trey and I were both in the EA College Representative program at our universities and I am totally amazed and thankful that he thought of me when this opportunity arose. He asked if this project sounded like something I would be interested in and then referred me to Raquel Mateo. Raquel gave me a phone interview and she like what she heard so here I am.

JL: Bless that Racquel. She's a dynamo. So given that you get to travel to each tournament location, what are some of the strangest, craziest things you've seen from city-to-city?

NT: The craziest thing I have seen at our event is this guy who couldn't take a loss. Our tournament in Houston, Texas ended at 7:30 p.m. and he followed us around until 9:30 p.m. pleading his case. During his crazed tantrum he tried to take an Xbox®, various posters, and even tried to tip over an Xbox® kiosk and take that with him. This guy couldn't believe he had lost and even worse he couldn't believe that we didn't know that he was God's gift to video games. He was a total loon.

JL: Well it sounds like this tournament isn't for the weak at heart. But I'm sure you get time to get your groove on when the event is over. Do you have a favorite hot spot that you've found on the tour?

NT: My favorite spot, hands down, has to be northern California. The people, weather, and landscape are amazing.

JL: Home sweet home! It definitely has a wide appeal. For those who are interested in taking part of the Blacklist Tournament, what should a person expect?

NT: The Blacklist tournament is not for the weak. We do a lot of trash talking and the game play is non-stop. This is a real video gamer's paradise. The only advantage that a non-gamer has is the fact that Need For Speed Most Wanted isn't in stores yet so no one has been practicing on this game and everyone has a fair chance to win in our tournaments.

JL: You've done a great job with the event making contestants both laugh and cry and have even made "I can't wait to send you home" the latest catchphrase. . Where did you come up with such a line?

NT: This phrase started in Houston, Texas and was first used on one of the eliminated contestants. He kept saying "I can't believe you guys kicked me out the tournament" and so I kept telling him, "I can't believe you haven't gone home yet." It's an easy phrase that rolls off the tongue well so I decided to keep using it.

JL: Many may not also know that you're the man responsible for the awesome recaps that get posted on the NFSMW official site? How does it feel to not only be the host of the Blacklist Tournament, but also the on-the-spot reporter as well?

NT: The reason I enjoy writing the recaps is because it makes me feel like I am still in the middle of the event. This also makes my services more marketable because it also shows that I can do more than crack jokes on a microphone.

JL: So what's next on the plate for you? According to the Blacklist Tournament schedule, you're headed down to Atlanta on September 17th for the NOPI Nationals. Do you have any expectations coming from this event?

NT: I am expecting BIG things to happen in the southeast. This region has a long extensive history of wild fans and competitors, so if everything goes as planned this will be a very unique event.

JL: Thanks for your time, Nick. Do you have anyone you'd like to make a shout out to? Any special "Angel's" you want to recognize?

NT: I want to thank Trey Geiger for choosing me to be on this tour, as well as Raquel Mateo who hired me and has become a wonderful friend and mentor to me. Another person who needs to be recognized is Jon Long for his great words of wisdom as well as his creative, positive critiques on my event recaps. Hey I can't forget Ashley Hamilton, Elizabeth Bainbridge, and Dharma Barsetti at Bill Graham Special Events. These three people have really shown me how to throw an event for a massive crowd from start to finish.

The last person who deserves recognition beyond belief is Gaylene Nagel. She helped me redefine my skills as a campus representative for Electronic Arts and installed the mind set of "no excuses just make it happen." I am truly grateful to be surrounded by these extraordinary leaders of the video game industry.

JL: Thanks, Nick. Now I get to send you home![img][/img]

Here is the supra, not to bad IMO. I'd race in it! :wink:
Attachments
NFS_MWBlkYell_Supra_05.jpg
Last edited by TheNoobofFerraris on 08 Sep 2005, 20:41, edited 3 times in total.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

i never read this before so i don't know if is new or old
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Well, I just got it in the stupid newsletter. :oops:
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

A minute ago Bojan post this news on the main page of this site.....
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Yes I just seen it.

I posted this just 3 minutes before him :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:Yes I just seen it.

I posted this just 3 minutes before him :lol:
Same newsletter hehe :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Great news on the DVD version. You obviously can't play the DVD in a normal CD drive...duh. At least I won't have to get it on 2 or 3 CDs, now it's 1 DVD. I also hope the DVD version has more content.

No surprise or really anything interesting in the interviews and the Supra picture is alright. If you look at the front wheel, it looks like it's floating.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2furio wrote:No surprise or really anything interesting in the interviews and the Supra picture is alright. If you look at the front wheel, it looks like it's floating.
Nah... I think it's because of the car shadow mostly.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

2furio wrote:You obviously can't play the DVD in a normal CD drive...duh.
:lol:
Andre_online wrote:Nah... I think it's because of the car shadow mostly.
Didn't you mean "lack of shadows"?? maybe??
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well... The sun is shining directly at the side of the Supra, so obviously the shadow is on the other side of the car. But what I'm trying to say here is, the shadow on the wheel, or the ground, was too dark, hence the ground can't really be seen, that's why the front wheel looks like it's floating. Get it? ;)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

why dont they just add the ford gt? why would they make a screen shot and not have the car in the friken game?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Who said the Ford GT wasn't in the game? It's just not confirmed but that's common with NFS games.
Seui
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Seui »

Ok, sorry for the hold up, just wanted to get home to take care of all the scans for the demos. First is the front cover of Need for Speed: Most Wanted demo.

Front:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ ... eddemo.jpg

Back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ ... moback.jpg

For those who are interested, I have a Marvel Nemesis demodisk also, but I'm sure more want Most Wanted. Thought I'd throw this one in anyway.

Front:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ ... emesis.jpg

Back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ ... isback.jpg

Well, that's all I have for now, I will be selling these fairly soon, I haven't decided where yet. Anyway, I'll finally be getting to reviewing that demo, it's fun when it doesn't just cut off on ya like U2. :roll:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Is it just me or do I see a "Not for Sale" Sign on the disc? :wink:
And c'mon man, people want to see in-game pictures and what cars are in the demo?

Also, notice the birdies in the Supra picture...I really hope you would be able to hit birds when driving 200 km/h...but I really doubt that...I'll keep dreaming though.

EDIT3: I just noticed something cool...at the bottom of the newsletter, it says "Watch for the new needforspeed.com site coming later this month"...ummm new NFS site coming soon...drooling. It better have a lot of new information on MW
Last edited by 2furio on 09 Sep 2005, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Seui
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Seui »

:shock: My review:

Ok, finally getting to post my impression on the game. To start, the physics have been upgraded for MW, the car feels like a cross between sim/arcade. Instead of trying to make your “tank” turn, only to slam a wall, all you have to do is tap the analog in that direction, and your car will turn. This eliminates always having to wail on the e-brake when going into most turns. Also, when you do use the e-brake, your car goes into a nice post slide, also pertaining to U2, when most cars wouldn’t budge.
Moving on, I’m glad to say, they’ve finally fixed cars top speeds, say good bye to go ol’ 230 MPH in your civic! I used the RX-8 in a drag race against the Mustang, as I reached the top speed, it topped off at 175 MPH. I thought this was acceptable considering this better mirrors real world physics.
Onto the cops, as I mentioned in my earlier post, the clips just can’t do this mode justice, you have to play it your self. Since I’ve played NFS since U1, I knew evading them would be a lot easier for me then those who played the E3 demo, and were major suckers for the police. The cops are pretty smart however, and as I replayed the demo, I noticed I got busted a few times. For one, you cannot screw around if you don’t want to get busted, and you will have to keep things tricky, like whipping your car around turns, hitting cops, and using your slow down technique.
The demo has four cars, two BMW’s, and two RX-8’s. I only had the time to play with the M3 with the silver paint/blue body vinyl, and the dark blue RX-8 w/ the wide body. I happened to like the M3 more for its acceleration, and better handling. It’s a great deal of help when you’re being chased down by police.
Now I think my favorite part is sound, these cars sound so much better then U2 it sickening! Yes, from what I heard, the sounds differ from car to car, and have a much more imitating sound to them. Sound in general seems to be a step up from U2 as would be expected for the sequel.
Graphics for the game, they have even been over hauled for normal consoles, as you can see from the scanned pics, it’s only the PS2 version. The graphics look stunning, they definitely look better then U2’s, so for you PC owners, and for those planning on buying the 360 version (me), this’ll look fantastic!
Lastly, the car models (IMO) have been enlarged in length to better match their real world counterparts, which I think is great, and the interior designs match there great exterior look. I saw a roll cage, all seats removed, only for the driver’s seat (Of course), and a red racing seat that replaced its stock version. (Almost looked like a Sparco seat)
So all in all, for just a demo, it seems to really be shaping up to be quite a sequel…or they could be pulling my leg again for the umpteenth time. I’ll answer any questions, if there are any.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Pictures!!! Videos!!! Where are they???

Sorry
Seui
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Seui »

I have no camera for one, and my sis video camera...I don't know where the hell it is. I'm sorry, I wish I made preparations, because I can make some really bad @$$ police pursuit videos! I know my review isn't as good as actually seeing it for your self. If I can find a way to get any content on here, I will.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

So there is absolutely no chance for you to take pics? Not even with a digi cam? :(

Anyways, updates:
Developer Team Interview:
Michael Mann - Line Producer
http://www.eagames.com/official/nfs/mos ... chael_mann

And I heard a huge revamp will be done to the official site by the end of this month.

Ummm, I like this part:

This morning I was working on tuning some game mechanics and was being pursued by 7, tuned-out GTO police cars driving down the highway at about 150 mph. The GTO police cars were about to go into a box formation - blocking me in from all angles - and I was coming up to a logging truck in the right hand lane, just before a highway off ramp.

I thought I could cut in front of the logging truck and take off the ramp and use the logging truck as a quick blocker to create some more room between me and the cops; but, I quickly realized I couldn't make it in front of the logging truck so I hit the speedbreaker - slow mo action now - steered my car underneath the logging truck at the same time I leaned my car into the back of the trailer carrying the logs, which caused the logging truck to starting losing its payload.

As the logs were falling off the truck, I hit my NOS to get boot acceleration and get out of the way of the falling logs which were about to hit the top of my car. At this point, the log-truck started jackknifing and tossed its load across the highway -- immobilizing a number of cops and blocking the off ramp from the rest of them. I hit speedbreaker button again to turn it off and headed to the Safehouse to cool-down the heat on my car.

I think it's safe to say the Pontiac GTO is in the game.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

that iz so cool

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

can u only use each of the four cars once, and how was free roam?
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Thanks for the demo Seui. And thanks for the news 2 Furio.
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!

Return to “Most Wanted”