Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Truth is that yes, in circuits you can't really go wherever you want, and there should be something limiting you in order not to get DQ'ed. But if they came up with something more innovative than an invisible wall made out of arrows, I'll be glad to see what that is.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
TheMagicShow
Banned

Post by TheMagicShow »

Leftos wrote:Truth is that yes, in circuits you can't really go wherever you want, and there should be something limiting you in order not to get DQ'ed. But if they came up with something more innovative than an invisible wall made out of arrows, I'll be glad to see what that is.
Yes thats wicked big. You never see invisible arrows in street racing.. They needs some cones or somthing that you can go through.. but if your on the other side too long then you get DQ'd or somthing.
User deactivated for operating multiple accounts.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

i read somewhere that it's open road racing. so there might not be barriers at all.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

thats only for psp. i sure hope the solstice isn't a psp exclusive. i love that car.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I found this vid at NFS-Planet.

http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng

Don't know if it's new or not because I have too slow of a connection to view it myself.
Apparently it shows a Lamborghini Gallardo getting modified with Autosculpt from the GC demo.
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Argh...took me almost half an hour to download the video (slow servers), only the realize I don't have the right codec...( I have WMP Classic, Winamp, DivX, Matroska Pack, everything. I don't know what codec you could possibly need)...
X-voltZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by X-voltZ »

i can't see the video too and i got the last k-lite pack...does someone know what's the next step to see the video ?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

works fine here :?

i havent done anything special

i have k-lite codec pack, played perfectly in WMP11
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

i'm agree with you all .. about the slow servers .. i hope to can see the trailer without problems
but.. i hope about that :? :?
the problem is that im working with linux .. may be it significate a good or bad option .. i vote 4 the good one :wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I too cant play the video, i only get sound. ( codecs problem) although i have the latest installed.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I downloaded the Cole2K Codec Pack and it works but the video was not worth the time...
TheMagicShow
Banned

Post by TheMagicShow »

2furio wrote:I downloaded the Cole2K Codec Pack and it works but the video was not worth the time...
Yeah that's why whenever I do download a vid I make sure I do reasearch on it. I hate waiting 5 hours for a stuid 10 min video.
User deactivated for operating multiple accounts.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Hmm it seems there isnt any anti-aliasing on the cars either....
prolly some post production turm offs
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

I don't like the HUD in that screenshot.
burna
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by burna »

http://download.rcg.tw/download/nfs10/s ... 817_04.jpg
Coolest BK ever. I don't actually mind putting something like that on a Lambo.

http://download.rcg.tw/download/nfs10/s ... 816_09.jpg
Sweet car. Just love it.

edit:
Damn. Direct links to the images don't work.

They refer to the pic of the lambo front BK and the Brera in this link.
http://www.nfspc.idv.tw/bbs_detail.php? ... n_id=13830
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

i don't know if this was discussed before...but in this pic you can see through the rear-view mirror...

Andredew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andredew »

i think that is a testing glitch, maby its a beta.i don't think thats gonna happen in the actual game
Redshift
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redshift »

By the way, it seems that there will be no neon under the car in this version of NFS isn't ?
pizdefl
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pizdefl »

Redshift wrote:By the way, it seems that there will be no neon under the car in this version of NFS isn't ?
I won't miss neon lights. I'll miss replay if it wouldnt be included :?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Redshift wrote:By the way, it seems that there will be no neon under the car in this version of NFS isn't ?
It's weird they won't include neons in a night-driving game. Are they that lazy to put some glow underneath the car (not that I miss neon but still)?
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

The first video that we have seen all cars have neons! Remember...??
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Kid Cro wrote:The first video that we have seen all cars have neons! Remember...??
That was just a teaser with random cars in it (the cars were probably not even real). It did not reflect the game at all...or what the game is about...

EDIT: Info: EA to offer dynamic in-game advertisement

Electronic Arts today published an interesting press release:

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced an agreement with IGA Worldwide Inc., a leading independent in-game advertising network, in a move to offer marketers new dynamic advertising possibilities in select EA franchises on a global basis. Through the agreement, a portfolio of EA games will be incorporated into IGA's network. Financial terms of today's agreement were not disclosed.

The initial EA title to incorporate dynamic in-game advertising via IGA is Battlefield 2142(TM), developed by DICE in Stockholm, Sweden. Fans of the franchise will see new, realistic brand presence integrated into contextually relevant game environments across the platforms and across the geographies where they play. At least two additional EA titles will offer dynamic ad serving capabilities through the course of the agreement with IGA.

"Consumers are increasingly gaming in deep, virtual worlds and advertisers need adapted ways to reach these audiences," said Frank Sagnier, Vice President for Online and Strategic Relationships for EA in Europe. "The agreement with IGA is a first step in a detailed strategy to deliver advertising in a seamless format. We are continually looking at how to bring more connected experiences and services to consumers, and working with a network like IGA is a start to building this dimension of our business."

"At IGA, we are establishing a global advertising network with the consumer reach to rival any cable channel, yet with the proven advantages of engagement, measurability and consistently hitting the demographic sweet spot," said Justin Townsend, CEO for IGA Worldwide. "EA's strategic commitment to the space is one that many leading advertisers have been waiting for, and no advertiser should even think about building a comprehensive marketing campaign without considering in-game advertising as a key component of their overall advertising spend."

It is not known if Need for Speed Carbon will offer this dynamic ad serving capabilities, but there should be at least two additional titles with this "feature". I wouldn't be surprised if NFS Carbon would have this "feature". Man, they just can't never stop finding ways of making money... :roll:

EDIT2: More information on this in-game advertising, also confirming NFS Carbon will incorporate this:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php ... ad&order=0
Last edited by 2furio on 31 Aug 2006, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

maybe they intend to have neon in NFCS but then they have somekind of glitch or bugs with the game engine when putting the neon in ,so they cut it off , the car already have a problem with shadow in some customize video or when using speed breaker....
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

spike_minoda wrote:maybe they intend to have neon in NFCS but then they have somekind of glitch or bugs with the game engine when putting the neon in ,so they cut it off , the car already have a problem with shadow in some customize video or when using speed breaker....
Either that or they're keeping it sevret. :wink:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

Neon under your car is sooo ''90s. :roll:

Return to “Carbon”