My NFSC PS2 Demo Review

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

You'll have to download PCSX2 emulator from it's official page http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php, which latest version is 0.9.1. and is constantly updated. Then when you've managed to download it, download some plugins that can be found on internet (use Google) and download some important BIOS files (SCPH10000, SCPH39001 etc.). I cannot give you the links to those two elements, as they are illegal to download free :roll: but my advice as others have them, try to download them over Google search. When you've done that, you'll put the BIOS in bios folder in the emulator folder and setup the emulator graphics and all important. Then you download the RARed demo of the net on the rapidshare site (which is the only one that really works) and you unzip it by typing in "Royal" without the quotes! As you unzip it, it will become a ISO file that has a filesize of 2.63GB and you burn it on a blank DVD! You insert it into your DVD drive and press "RUN CD" in emulator. It will most probably work, but it will freeze on the EA logo (which is common, don't worry). Google the problem and you'll come to a forum (which I don't remember the name and URL of) and it will be explained how to do a patch to overgo the intro of EA (which is mpegisend coded). Then you put the patch into the patch folder and run the game again. It will not show the EA logo again and it will go as far as to choosing your vehicle and it will not go from there and it will look very errorish (as the models will be seperated and all). I hope this helps just a little bit, TekuMan!

But I still recommend waiting for the PC demo, as PS2 demo on PC doesn't show gameplay, just a little of the start.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

wait 2.63gb's? the file i downloaded was only 170-ish MB's?
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

Ya, I know, big compression and all, but I'm not lying, I've tried it. The RARed file is approx. 190mb and turns out to be approx. 2600mb!
TekuMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TekuMan »

im sorry insane but how can i find those plugins and stuff when you dont know the link and how am i going to find the forum for the outgoing of the EA LOGO when you dont know it?And btw the rapidshare demo cannot be downloaded via flashget it gives me a BIG RED CROSS X X X X X

and what are these plugins for?the emulator?

SO I DOWNLOADED EVERYHING EXCEPT THE DEMO.I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT WITH FLASHGET BUT IT CANNOT DOWNLOAD BECAUSE THE LINK IS BROKEN OR SOMETHING PLS HELP ME

EVERYBODY-I KNOW THE PASSWORD!TO EVERYBODY WHO HAD DOWNLOADED THIS FILE:NFSC_PS2_DEMO.rar-THE PASSWORD IS "www.rusportal.com"!
YOU KNOW,I KNEW THAT THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE :D :D :D :D
Nothing is done until you do it.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

..K great...have fun...

BUT FIRST ,

Dude u seriously have to stop posting continously...known as double posting

use the edit button on the top right of ur post
TekuMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TekuMan »

BUT IS IT NECCESARY TO PLAY THE GAME ONTO THE NEWEST EMULATOR???
Nothing is done until you do it.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Didnt y read what the other guy said....U cant race with Emulator only
See the cars...and maybe autoscuplt it...Doubt that too..

ANYWAYS think this is WAREZ stuff so...stfu before were both banned :|
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TekuMan: The next time you multi post, you wont find yourself posting here anymore.

Have a nice day.
Race_Fury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Race_Fury »

ive down load the demo and its unpacked and stuff.i got nero but i dont kno wut to do next like burn it to a data disk or somethin?
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

Race_Fury wrote:i got nero but i dont kno wut to do next like burn it to a data disk or somethin?
:|

the next step involves taking a course in learning the fundemental basics of computing ](*,) , if that fails then you could try making urself a cup of coffee and wait for the pc version of the demo :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Dear sweet merciful God, help me to find tolerance and patience in this time of need.. [-o<
Race_Fury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Race_Fury »

rollynlow wrote:not too hard to find, i found it it in like 10 minutes. i love it, it is so fun.
HINT ISO format.
also u dont need a modded ps2 if you have action replay max
wut did u do in the action replay max?i have one of those and tryin to figure out how to do that
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Skyline_man wrote:TekuMan: The next time you multi post, you wont find yourself posting here anymore.

Have a nice day.
Moderator Burn...
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Race_Fury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Race_Fury »

ok.i burn the disk.i choosed burn image.and i put it on action replay.and once it was done,it didnt go to the game.
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

Skyline_man, would you please answer questions?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

It is necessary to him to answer your questions??
and what the ... is the "how to burn" discs here??
This is supossed to comment the PS2 demo experience that Skyline_man had!! not about how to do dvds and burn things and ASK about it!!
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

oooo my frist time to play with the tuned car i get 152,... PTS,its the best to play with in the drift.
Race_Fury
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Race_Fury »

i burned it into a disk and the guy said that i dont need a moded ps2 if u have action replay.when action replay was on the menu i put the disk in and once it was finsh it was still in the menu.what am im doin wrong?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

!N$4N3 wrote:I don't know was it asked, but:
What do you think of Autosculpt(TM) overall? Is it a thrilling option in the game? What was your best new thing in Carbon?
AutoSulpt is great fun, but its kinda limited in the demo, unlike what we saw ( or i dont if you havent seen it) in the AutoSculpt video, it just gives you 2-3 autosculpting zones for every part, except for Wheels where you actually have about 10 zones to AutoSculpt, but overall its amazing, and i am sure that in the final release, it will be much enjoyable.

imo, the best new thing in carbon was the Drift, when i play the demo these days, i kinda only Drift and get used to the new drifting style, its so addictive when you master it, yesterday i got 337,782 PTS with the '67 Camaro.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Race_Fury wrote:i burned it into a disk and the guy said that i dont need a moded ps2 if u have action replay.when action replay was on the menu i put the disk in and once it was finsh it was still in the menu.what am im doin wrong?
GOOGLE IT.

Isn't it obvious? When you put the game in when Action Replay is in the menu, it OBVIOUSLY doesn't do anything because you aren't asking it to do something.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

ok i redownloaded the file & this time it didn't need a password but now i have a 2.9gb .MDF file & a 5kb .MDS file? no .ISO file so how do i put these on a disc? & get it to work? cos windows keeps saying "there was a problem copying" if i try to copy the files directly to a disk ?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Why are you keep talking about the burning of a dvd??? this topics was about to talk about the PS2 demo review from skyline man....i don't get it!!
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

ffs when will all these n00bs stop asking what to do with passwords, image files, how to burn dvd's and how to use action replay already... geez

question for Skyline_man:
do you still choose the body parts to go onto the car before you morph it with autosculpt? and if so can the body parts be changed individually and not like in one complete set like in mw?
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

xturbo wrote:Why are you keep talking about the burning of a dvd??? this topics was about to talk about the PS2 demo review from skyline man....i don't get it!!
Well jeez! people want to play this demo ok! & skyline_man has managed to get it to work! so who do you expect us to ask for help huh?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

93360 wrote:question for Skyline_man:
do you still choose the body parts to go onto the car before you morph it with autosculpt? and if so can the body parts be changed individually and not like in one complete set like in mw?
In the full game...yes, but not in the demo. (Download the AutoSculpt video in our videos section for more details)
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Well jeez! people want to play this demo ok! & skyline_man has managed to get it to work! so who do you expect us to ask for help huh?
Well ok, i am gonna say this one more time, and i wont be answering any questions regarding those images problems again.

1- Download the PS2 demo here.

size (packed): 191,5 MB
size after extraction: 2,82 GB --- password: Royal (copy & paste those 5 letters, dont write them)
format: ISO

2- After extraction, you will find an iso file, just an iso file, it may look like a WinRAR file, but its actually an iso.

3- IF you ONLY have a DVD writer and a BLANK DVD, you can go ahead and burn the ISO image to disk using Nero (under copy & backup section to be exact, you will find: Burn image to disk)

3- After choosing burn image to disk, Nero will ask you to browse for the ISO file, when it does, change the Files of type to Image Files (*.nrg, *.iso, *.cue).

4- Choose the extracted ISO file, about 2.82 GB, and start the burning process, it wont take more than 5 minutes.

6- Play the game on your PS2. (it will work only if your PS2 is a modded version).

---------------------------------------------

Thats it, i said it, anyone who will post about an emulator or how to play the game with an emulator because his PS2 is not modded, i'll make sure that his post gets deleted.

OMG EA, just release a PC Demo !!
Last edited by Skyline_man on 10 Sep 2006, 20:41, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Carbon”