Need for Speed Official Press Release

The news visible on the main page
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed Official Press Release

Post by peterfaj »

Great! Well, at least SHIFTS is. And WORLD ONLINE might be as well, as long as it's based on SHIFT and not on NITRO. I think SHIFT is a pretty good name. Unlike WORLD ONLINE or NITRO.
But WORLD ONLINE will probably be pay-to-play, so I probably won't be playing it. And wasn't there once a similar NFS?
Carcrazy wrote:ProStreet was no-where close to being a full simulation. I'm serious, I hope Bojan's right when he say's it's (Shift) a hardcore game... otherwise we're going to be flooded with n00bs who think they can drive.
Well, they've got Slightly Mad Studios. And they've got Blimey.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

peterfaj wrote:Great! Well, at least SHIFTS is. And WORLD ONLINE might be as well, as long as it's based on SHIFT and not on NITRO. I think SHIFT is a pretty good name. Unlike WORLD ONLINE or NITRO.
But WORLD ONLINE will probably be pay-to-play, so I probably won't be playing it. And wasn't there once a similar NFS?
Well, bojan said in the first post that it'd be play for free. My guess it will, but it'd be pay-for-Skyline, pay-for-biggest-turbo, etc...
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

PanZero wrote:Well, bojan said in the first post that it'd be play for free.
Pardon. I didn't read the whole post, because I've read about it somewhere else a few seconds before.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

Ah, ok. No problem, I was just pointing out.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Hey, no problem ;)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

SHIFT ... GRID ... i just hope SHIFT would have graphics as crisp and nice (and smooth... NO MORE FREAKIN FPS ISSUES EA!!!) as GRID and racing modes like GRID, but added a tuning feature. GRID cars cannot be modified physically... you just buy it, and the most you can do is change the sponsors and paint scheme...

and i REALLY hope EA would realize how OLD their body kits are becoming and put in BRAND NEW ones that ACTUALLY LOOK NICE!

and less of those riced up body kits, but more performance enhancing ones like a real race car would have...

World Online seems fun *even better if it's really free*

SHIFT is probably going to be GRID of 2009... i hope it turns out at least decent
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Not too much ricing at least for SHIFT please. If there's tuning, I'd like to see REAL parts (from real tuners and also parts of the racing version of a car)
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

zedex wrote:SHIFT ... GRID ... i just hope SHIFT would have graphics as crisp and nice (and smooth... NO MORE FREAKIN FPS ISSUES EA!!!)
Yeah. Grid was really well done, you could get really nice graphics without needing a PC with alien technology, unlike Undercover, which looked worse than GRID and also performed worse on my PC. This is the main reason why I wanted EA to take more time to develop their NFS games.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Uh huh, Grid was pretty much perfected. It could just use some more realistic physics and handling, then it'd be perfect.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nah, it's right how it was... good for everyone. It's a mainstream sim with non stop action.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Hopefully EA wis'ed up and will fallow in their footsteps.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

It could be BOTH realistic and still have action. (It has a lot of action, but not non stop action.)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

NFS World Online is one of the three announced Need for Speed titles this year - a free to play multiplayer racing game (for PC only). World Online is being developed by both EA Black Box and EA Singapore and is likely going to be released this summer.

Now EA announced that the first phase of technical testing is scheduled to start in March 2009 in Taiwan and Hong Kong. Along with this announcement, more information about the game was revealed:

The game (NFS World Online) offers numerous race tracks and game modes where players are able to form teams to take on the competition and the police. Players can collect and customize racing characters alongside authentic real-world licensed cars and will be able to track their progress via online leaderboards, all in the largest free roaming environment in Need for Speed history. Need for Speed World Online is a new entertainment experience that delivers excellent gameplay, stunning graphics and sophisticated online matchmaking features that emphasize social interaction between players.

Source: nfs-planet.de
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Somehow W.O is moving slowly up my list. I hope it won't be a repeat of last year..
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It sounds ambitious, which is why I'm skeptical. A lot of games have started out with great ideas, but didn't deliver all that well. We'll just have to see.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Amen. The IDEA is definitely there, but somehow Black Box has a habit of f*cking up great ideas.

Although, you have to hand it to EA again. We asked for something new, looks like they're giving us something new.

Well, unless you count Motor City...

Return to “News”