GTA - San Andreas!!

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Hey guys :)

here i am bringing some hot previews of San Andreas PC edition 8)

Firstly: Gamespy's PC preview:

Even if you've steadfastly been holding out for the PC release, you should be familiar enough with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It's the latest iteration (not to mention the biggest) of the most talked-about series in gaming today. The game was a runaway success on PS2, both commercially and critically, which has done nothing but stoke the already intense excitement for the inevitable ports.

More

Secondly: IGN's PC preview:

In the original Grand Theft Auto games--you know, the ones you played on a "computer" with a "keyboard," you had several cities in one game that you could blast around in, causing the usual mayhem, wanton destruction and Borgesian analysis of the substance of reality, and most of that could be done sober. The big appeal of GTA San Andreas, besides inviting strutting white boys from malls across the country into a stylized version of the thug life, is that it combines all the major West Coast cities in one fell swoop, an amazing achievement when you consider the anemic horsepower of the PS2. Yeah, that's right, I'm talkin' smack! But not only did it all fit on one disc without choking the PS2, but they did it without hardly any load times.

More

New high quality screenshots 8)

Thirdly: GameSpot's PC preview:

By now, you've probably heard of Grand Theft Auto in some form or another. You may have played the original 2D top-down games that first appeared on the PC, but you're probably most familiar with the series after it became a breakout success on the PlayStation 2 console with the fully 3D, free-roaming Grand Theft Auto III, which was followed by Vice City. So you'll know that the Grand Theft Auto series covers the subject of living a life of dramatized violent crime, complete with carjacking, gang wars, and shoot-outs.

More

well, thats it for now, expect to see more hot previews in the next 10 days including PC Gamers's one :wink:
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

GameSpy wrote:Not much has changed during San Andreas' transition to PC. Try to act surprised.
:lol:
GameSpy wrote:You simply point the game to whatever folder of music you want, and the game uses it as a new radio station. You can set a play sequence or have the game shuffle through tunes randomly, and even pull the fake commercials from the soundtrack to go between songs.
Great! Now I don't have to move 1000's of songs around on my almost full HDDs... :D
And adding the commercials to my music will be awesome...
IGN wrote:The game itself takes less than ten seconds (with a 3.2 GHz P4 and 1GB of PC3200 on the laptop), outdoor/indoor transitions are instantaneous, and cutscenes load whip-smart.
So I guess my overloaded 2 GHz Athlon with 512 MB PC2700 will spend some more time... Seems like I need an upgrade...
GameSpot wrote:Like the previous games in the series, this mode affords a lot more control over your aim (as you might expect from a keyboard-and-mouse setup rather than from a controller), though the PS2 version's lock-on targeting (which lets you either focus on individual targets or swap to the next ones) will also be in the PC iteration.
Hmmz... I was hoping this wouldn't be in the PC version... Hopefully, it can be turned off... Might be ok to have sometimes tho :P
GameSpot wrote:Though the game won't ship with mod tools, Rockstar expects that with community support, San Andreas for the PC will keep players busy for a long, long, long time.
I hope so. :D

Good work Skyline_man :D

Only 7 weeks left..........
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

GameSpot wrote:Though the game won't ship with mod tools, Rockstar expects that with community support, San Andreas for the PC will keep players busy for a long, long, long time.
I hope so. :D
Good work Skyline_man :D

Only 7 weeks left..........
it will keep us busy, iam sure :lol: .
man, iam still playing VC till now and iam still not bored of it :D , so how will SA work for me in that case ? , i guess forever :lol:

you are welcome Morty 8)

yep, only 7 weeks left
/me: almost gone mad :P
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Do you know the way to San Andreas?
I've killed many in San Andreas
Wo oh oh oh
Can't wait to get back to San Andreas
Wo oh oh oh
Do You know the way to San Andreas?

*sings*

song by Burt Bacharach - Do you know the way to San Jose (RMX) :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

:twisted: ---More Previews--- :twisted:

Things are finally starting to get busy around here. Tonight The Adrenaline Vault, GameZone and Game Revolution have put up previews of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC, based on a preview session granted to them over the weekend by Rockstar.

There are no new screenshots, but the sharp eyed ones among you might have noticed that the screenshots put up yesterday at various gaming sites were resized and not of original high quality. Rockstar has sent high quality screenshots around once again, and The Adrenaline Vault has come through and put up the original ones. A much better idea of what to expect from the PC version, surely. Expect us to be carrying all the screenshots released online so far starting from Friday.

It seems like Rockstar invited representatives from quite a few gaming sites at the same time, so almost everything that is being reported comes from the same setting. Besides what we've heard already about improved graphics, we are reminded about real-time shadows, and of course the oft-mentioned MP3 radio station. Replays will also be returning from previous GTA's on PC. It is difficult to decipher whether the replay mode has been revised or is coming back in the form witnessed in GTA: Vice City. Yesterday's previews even brought conflicting information in that aspect. The Adrenaline Vault has this to say:
It is now possible to replay your insane trick jumps, killing sprees, or showdowns with the fuzz with 4 stars via a camera control, enabling you to take in every angle and give an Ebert and Roper-esque rating. Those replays can be saved and then viewed by anyone with the game
The articles mention that the game visuals had to be largely scaled down for the PS2 version, however the original high resolution graphics from game development will be showing themselves in the PC version.

Keep an eye on Gaming Age Online, WorthPlaying, GameDaily and Games Domain. They are also set to run preview stories.

credits go to GTASanan as they posted the whole news :wink:

Stay tuned :twisted:
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

Skyline_man you're a big fan aren't you?? BTW I love it too
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

yeah, Twinturbo, i am a big fan of GTA games,especially San Andreas :P
i just got mad of these previews :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

:twisted: Confirmed PC System Requirements :twisted:

its finally confirmed by R* 8) , i guess i'll have to upgrade my RAM only :P

credits to GTASanan :wink:
Last edited by Skyline_man on 23 Apr 2005, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

i qualify for minimum
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Lol, I don't qualify on the CPU part with minimum... 3.6 GB for MINIMAL install?!?
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

shiznit i dont have a gamepad, i dont qualify for recommended :D
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

Triskac wrote:shiznit i dont have a gamepad, i dont qualify for recommended :D
i have it. this will be fun to play. :)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Hmmz... Seems like I have what I need for the recommended system, except for HDD space... My CPU is on the limit, and I need to close a few programs when playing, but I think I have enough free RAM... :)
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

Skyline_man wrote::twisted: Confirmed PC System Requirements :twisted:

its finally confirmed by R* 8) , i guess i'll have to upgrade my RAM only :P

credits to GTASanan :wink:
3.6Gb???? I have to delete som of my games, the others aren't a problem
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Dam!!! My PC meets the recommended spec, so its a good thing I bought that 160GB hardrive on top of my old 80GB hard drive, so i think that should be enough..... :lol:
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Well, I have 500 GB, but my partitions are kinda crowded... Need to burn out some stuff...
Available space:
C: 3.5 GB, D: 5.2 GB, E: 4.3 GB, F: 4.5 GB, G: 11.6 GB, H: 10.4 GB, M: 1.7 GB, N: 14 GB, O: 8.3 GB, P: 3.8 GB, Q: 4.2 GB
Total: 71.6 GB
:P
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

WOW Morty :shock: 500 GB, i only have 80 GB one :lol: , but i still have the space required for the game, my only problem is the RAM now, i need to get at least another 256 piece of RAM :P
Nasadus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nasadus »

I have a 500GB HD aswell (2x250) but have only 200GB available.The rest is full(wich i never thought would happen).The rest of my system is up to date so no worries there.If i can run Doom 3 on max i can run anything. :D
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

i got only 490 :-(
(120+120+250)
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

Triskac wrote:i got only 490 :-(
(120+120+250)
only? ONLY?!

i have 55GB and i don't complain :lol:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I have 160 GB.. And it's still too much. Damn, you guys download too much pron.>P
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Actually, officially I have 530 (80+200+250), but real space is only 493...

PSZeTa: Pr0n? I wish... :P Most of my space is used for music, music videos, car videos and movies... I need a DVD writer...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

back to topic, i got some news here just like i was expecting 8)

Official Site Expanded, PC and Xbox Screens Revealed

We've just received word from Rockstar that the official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas website has been expanded with new PC and Xbox sections.

To celebrate the launch, Rockstar has published a whole new bunch of San Andreas PC screenshots and the first ever digital San Andreas Xbox screenshots. They have also sent out a fansite exclusive screenshot. Here are the new PC screenshots, starting with the exclusive screenshot, followed by the new Xbox screenshots.

IGN has also received 2 exclusive Xbox screens and put up a little preview

cant wait for the PC videos :D

credits to GTASanan

Enjoy 8)
Last edited by Skyline_man on 30 Apr 2005, 14:15, edited 2 times in total.
proxnet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by proxnet »

finally....i'm waitin for june!!!!!
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

want that game...bcuz driv3r sux...

Return to “The Games”