My NFSC PS2 Demo Review

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

He meant that its not realistic to drift without using a handbrake....but its still tough
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well its good to hear that drifting is going to be harder than in UG1/2. in those games i wouldnt even have to touch the keyboard to do a drift :lol: j/k but it was easy as hell tho
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

The demo sounds good (kinda) I don't like the u can't use handbrake part...EA Games should really read this topic so they could make final changes...anyway hopefully its good graphics and one of the best NFS's...I am waiting for the PC Demo to come out so i can try that, but i'll Get the NFS C anyway... Alright thats 4 tonight, I am hitting the sack (like a have one)
User deactivated:
maur
Stock
Stock

Post by maur »

is there any pc downlodeadble version thnx answer with pm and send page :D
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

maur wrote:is there any pc downlodeadble version thnx answer with pm and send page :D
No there are not yet, but when they come they will be on the front page of NFSUnlimited so don't worry.

by the way if u goto http://www.nfs-planet.de, on the front page (a few NEWS down) u will see NFS Carbon GC/PS2 Demo, I'll link them all here...

http://rapidshare.de/files/31392638/Nfs_Carbon_Demo.rar
http://nd4spd.ws/uploads/files/NFSC_PS2_Demo.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TN3I2TI0
http://www.rusuportal.com/nfs/c/demo/NFSC_PS2_Demo.rar

NOTE : I Have nothing to do with these links, these are all taken from NFS-Planet.de!

Have fun with ur NFS C demo
User deactivated:
rollynlow
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rollynlow »

not too hard to find, i found it it in like 10 minutes. i love it, it is so fun.
HINT ISO format.
also u dont need a modded ps2 if you have action replay max
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

untill now sounds great but i have a question:
in a circuit do cars handle like in UG1 with the sliding-with-style cheat/mod/whaterver
and a little offtopic:
aren't we talkin about 400+ horsepower cars? .. i mean.. why do u need handbrake when you can drift with the gas.. isn't that the reason we increase the power so we don't use the brake unless we reaaaly need to.... reffering to drift only
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

dice66 wrote:untill now sounds great but i have a question:
in a circuit do cars handle like in UG1 with the sliding-with-style cheat/mod/whaterver
and a little offtopic:
aren't we talkin about 400+ horsepower cars? .. i mean.. why do u need handbrake when you can drift with the gas.. isn't that the reason we increase the power so we don't use the brake unless we reaaaly need to.... reffering to drift only
your right, we don't really need to use Handbrake, unless drift, but again we are talking about drift...I mean for drift u don't need to hold the handbrake just press for a sec and then it drifts, I donno about ur other question, if u have ps2 use those links i gave to download the demo!
User deactivated:
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

:cry: i don't have a ps2
and for the handbrake thing thats my point u can force your car to slide just by pressing the throttle or downshifting with a hi powerd car u don't need the handbrake
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

dice66 wrote:untill now sounds great but i have a question:
No, cars handle more like NFSMW, but you will notice some difference between the 3 classes.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

are there anny crew members in race or is it just you and oponent?
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

i have an ps2 but it aint modded so i can't burn nfsc and try it :'( cryes bigtime :''''''''( oh well i can wait for the 7november that's prob the relase date here in sweden. got 2 go 2 school now bye (K)
Attachments
(423 Bytes) Downloaded 4693 times
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

You are so lucky Skyline_man ...too bad i don't have a PS2...:(

ok..i offer my old PC for a PS2..anyone?
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

skyline man doest have a PS2, he played at his friends PS2.
sid3ways
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sid3ways »

Okay, so I was playing the demo.. It was all really cool. But then I got to the drifting.. The handling in the drifting is totaly ridiculous! I mean, I slightly tapped the analog stick, to turn the car, and I almost completely spun arround! and it's just as bad while sliding through a corner.. I could probably get used to it.. Maybe even like it. But, currently I think it totaly sucks.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

Which car did u play with cos when I played with the muscles it was a bit easier.
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

I am greatful that some of u got to play the demo, Hopefully they will change some of the stuff, eg Drift. anyway if someone has an EA account, PM EAsmoothie on this forum http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jsp ... 9&tstart=0
Maybe he can contact the Gamers and tell them to change the Stupidical drift!

Or maybe it's a good thing, to try something new...I mean that would be challenging but fun!
User deactivated:
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

personally i hope that they re-introduce the performance settings options for each type of setup (race, drag, drift, etc) like in underground2 except with something like a "copy settings from (insert setup name)" because i found it to be really tedious to put in the same settings over and over and over again.

secondly i hope there isn't actually a "drift physics" like in those drift races in ug1 and ug2 where the car handles differently to any other type of race. i thought that was pretty lame becuase if you were to drive in exactly the same way as you normally do for the different types of races the car would react differently even when the settings were exactly the same. although there wasn't any official "drift mode" in mw i actually quite enjoyed being able to set the car up to be able to drift. and i mean actually drift, not just power sliding around a corner for like 2-3 seconds. for example i have actually been able to perform something very similar to the figure 8 drifting as seen in fast and furious tokyo drift, except that the light posts in the carpark are a little too far apart so essentially i cant exactly link the drifts together without driving in a straight line at some point. ill attach some pictures and give a brief commentary on what the screen shots are trying to show later down in this post.

the only downside imho with mw's performance settings were that they were too simplified in comparison to ug2. im not asking for a formula 1 or gran turismo style setup as nfs is not exactly aimed at the purist driver simulator market (or wateva) as the nfs genre is more concentrated on the enjoyment factor and ease of use rather than trying to get all technical and professional. what i would really like to see back in the performance settings is the ability to change gear ratios to suit for a certain style of driving.

lastly, i hope that in nfsc that there will be multi-storied car parks in the nfs world (instead of just the open ground carpark like in nfsmw) and hopefully them carpark races without the stupid "super handling" like in ug2 so that it effectively becomes a drift race if you want to be winner at the end.

EDIT
it seems my lengthy picture comments didn't quite fit so ill put them here instead:

- conentric drift lines normal view -
this screenshot show me drifting around in circles and as can be seen ive been at it for some time from all the concentric drift lines left on the pavement. the drift was initiated by touching the handbraking while performing a downshift and the rest is just simply holding down the gas, no steering input required apart from initiating the drift (hence the steering wheels are dead straight). however if you were to turn into the drift, the result would either be a smaller drift circle or donut otherwise a spinout. turning out of the drift circle is pretty obvious, you exit the donut.

- conentric drift lines rear view -
same thing as above, just pressed the rear view for a screeny from the front. check out the all that black stuff lol.

- high speed drift normal view -
this screeny shows the angle of attack that the car is facing into the bend along with the counter-steering and the speed of the vehicle (167kph in 4th) as well as the drift lines coming out the back. the only problem i really want to poke a stick at is that you lose a lot of speed and engine revs (thus losing wheel spin) when performing these long drifts. to give a comparison i was doing about 190kph in 5th when i started the drift and this shot is taken about 3 seconds later.

- high speed drift rear view -
with the screeny taken from the front of the car you can notice where the drift begins if you zoom in a bit (basically from the beginning of the highway exit) and also from the angle that the car is facing into the corner, you can tell that this is not your average powerslide.
Attachments
high speed drift rear view.jpg
high speed drift normal view.jpg
concentric drift lines rear view.jpg
concentric drift lines normal view.jpg
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

exonn wrote:are there anny crew members in race or is it just you and oponent?
Yes, there is a Blocker crew member with you, and 2 other opponents.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

i like the game. love the autosculpt. but the ps2 is too weak for the game :\
antigoo69
Stock
Stock

Post by antigoo69 »

i wonder if i can mount the image and play on the computer the demo ??? can anybody answer me??? right now im decompresing da demo :D
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

nope, you cant. there isnt a fully working ps2 emulator yet.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

How is crew control features? Can you command him only once? Can you cancel command? How long he performs command?
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

in the demo you cant command the crew, some guy just tells you when someone is going to go past you or cheers you up
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

yap also the crew members really speaks too much.

Return to “Carbon”